The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre advice

Guest BobR

Hi, bought a beauty last July – direct import – I can only describe it as great fun. I live in Ingatestone, central Essex.

One modification – lost the driver side wing mirror – to a white van.

Looking to replace the rear tyres as it constantly broadsides plus a few 360 to date. Current tyres are Hankook Ventus HRII 245/40/R18 99. Plenty of tread left, but I’m getting fed up of tip toeing around in the wet. Dry is fine.

Advice and suggestions very welcome.

:)

supbb.JPG

Tyres i can personally recommend are

Toyo Proxies (TR's??) it was a while back...........tread life not great

Goodyear eagle F1's.................fine better wearing just be careful as there seems to be a shprtage of them at present and even the possibilities of copies about.....

Continental contact sports 2...........fine

If your spinning out surely its the rears?? had similar problems in the wet, now shod rears in Toyo Proxes T1R's awesome grip, softer compound, no probs pulling away or round islands any more. Had Dunlop SP 9000 sport before, rubbish grip :rolleyes:

I think their stopping making Eagle F1's in some sizes, check with Ibbrar on here (Tyre logic - in traders section)

Linda

x

Appreciate your advice.

To clarify, I want to change the rears - but the sizes I put out first are the fronts - I later added the correct sizes.

I like the sound of the Toyo Proxies - bout 180 each - ouch !

But if it keeps the rear end under control, it will be worth it.

Thanks