The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What can I do to my Supra?

jamesmark

Hows the bodywork ?

Maybe some subtle bodywork changes , sideskirts etc .

FMIC ?

Body work for it's year is mint condition. I do not plan to put a bodykit on it as my last one did and it was forever getting bashed lol, so stock all the way where the body is concerned.

It already has a brand new fmic.

If you're planning on keeping the stock turbos then I'd go down the route of making it run BPU safer and to it's full potential.

On the drivetrain

- Full service - all fluids and filters, especially Fuel filter (often missed)

- Water injection

- Standalone ECU to optimise the fuel and ignition map (plenty of gains to be made, especially on spool and high RPM).

- EGT & AFR gauges to keep an eye on things (handy in the warm weather)

Bodywork

- If it's in good nick, leave it as it is... IMO :D

Suspension

- Renew as much as you can with OEM parts

Brakes

- uprated pads (Chris Wilson/Endless)

What do you use the car for? Weekend toy? Daily driver? Do you do any track days?

Walbro pump seems a bit odd for a UK spec, the stock UK pump has a higher flow rate than the walbro.

If you're planning on keeping the stock turbos then I'd go down the route of making it run BPU safer and to it's full potential.

On the drivetrain

- Full service - all fluids and filters, especially Fuel filter (often missed)

- Water injection

- Standalone ECU to optimise the fuel and ignition map (plenty of gains to be made, especially on spool and high RPM).

- EGT & AFR gauges to keep an eye on things (handy in the warm weather)

Bodywork

- If it's in good nick, leave it as it is... IMO :D

Suspension

- Renew as much as you can with OEM parts

Brakes

- uprated pads (Chris Wilson/Endless)

What do you use the car for? Weekend toy? Daily driver? Do you do any track days?

Walbro pump seems a bit odd for a UK spec, the stock UK pump has a higher flow rate than the walbro.

All fluids changed by Mr T and previous owner, receipts there but wont hurt to do again in a few months.

Bodywork is in A1 condition for it's year actually surprised.

After Ian C's thread that was on my list to do buy parts gradually then get it done.

When they need replacing I was thinking of CW pads but was unsure.

As for the pump, I dunno why it has been changed? it has 125k miles on it? The pump was supplied and fitted by Envy when the hybrids were done.

As for the pump, I dunno why it has been changed? it has 125k miles on it? The pump was supplied and fitted by Envy when the hybrids were done.

Probably a slightly misinformed previous owner, or maybe just done due to the age. Either way the walbro will be absolutely fine, they've been proven to work just fine on 600bhp singles so will certainly cope at BPU power levels.

What condition is the intercooler in? is it the original one? If so, after 125k miles it's probably past it's best and could do with replacing.

in256/ex264 cams

standalone ECU

What exhaust is fitted?

Brand new Whiffbitz Front mount intercooler, it has an RSR exhaust and 2nd decat, to go full BPU I only require 1st decat and FCD.