The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just had car mapped

jevansio

Met up with Michel & Ryan this morning ready for this afternoons mapping session.

Ryan started out by sorting my problem when I blip the accelerator, it always used to drop a couple hundred rpm before picking up, now it revs straight up :D.

He then tweaked the map as we headed to Motoscope, once there I was 1st on & Ryan set about his business. For once I had a event free dyno session, ended up with 500 rwhp @ 1.1 BAR. This compares with my previous best of 500 rwhp @ 1.3 BAR (I do have a 0.81 housing on now though & not a 0.68).

He's pulled a little timing out for the time being & beleives there is a lot more to come from the car (hopefully including running her back at 1.4 BAR).

All in all I am over the moon with todays performance by Ryan, the throttle response has never been as good as it is now. It was too wet & cold to open it up on the way home.

Next stop is an oil change, plug change & a set of R888's as we were struggling for grip after 6000 rpm, then back for more.

Looks like you've done it again Ryan :thumbs:

Was gutted I couldn't make today, still stuck in Liverpool! Was meant to be out tonight too! Good work done though by the sounds of it!

Yeah Michel said you were coming Ro, you missed some mean bacon butties :D

Well done mate. Knows his stuff doesn't he :D

Gaz.

Cheers Gaz, I was impressed!

Hey Jay

Glad your happy mate

Took abit longer than exspected but this was no tweak, started from scratch basically. The old map is now in my recycle bin :D

Was very happy when i got the throttle response good as you did say i wont be able to do it. That made it a challenge :cool:

Couldn't believe how hot your turbo had been getting never seen a exhaust trim that white in my life but what do you expect from 1100c EGT's.

All sorted now though.

Highest Peak was 930c on the long 5th run now :thumbs:

Cya tomorrow mate, Off out with JJ tonight :eyebrows:

Met up with Michel & Ryan this morning ready for this afternoons mapping session.

Ryan started out by sorting my problem when I blip the accelerator, it always used to drop a couple hundred rpm before picking up, now it revs straight up :D.

He then tweaked the map as we headed to Motoscope, once there I was 1st on & Ryan set about his business. For once I had a event free dyno session, ended up with 500 rwhp @ 1.1 BAR. This compares with my previous best of 500 rwhp @ 1.3 BAR (I do have a 0.81 housing on now though & not a 0.68).

He's pulled a little timing out for the time being & beleives there is a lot more to come from the car (hopefully including running her back at 1.4 BAR).

All in all I am over the moon with todays performance by Ryan, the throttle response has never been as good as it is now. It was too wet & cold to open it up on the way home.

Next stop is an oil change, plug change & a set of R888's as we were struggling for grip after 6000 rpm, then back for more.

Looks like you've done it again Ryan :thumbs:

That's excellent news! i hope he can do mine :) Who mapped it before?

Was gutted I couldn't make today, still stuck in Liverpool! Was meant to be out tonight too! Good work done though by the sounds of it!

Doh! Any chance of posting it matey?

Doh! Any chance of posting it matey?

I'm still heading back up tonight and will drop it in at Michel's tomorrow, should have seen the weather today! As you know from Thurs night i'm not bothered about hammering it in the rain, today i was afraid to even get in the thing though!!

Are you going to JNE tomorrow mate? Heard from Lew/John/Steve et al if they are going?

I'm meeting up with Ryan tomorrow to get a bit of road tuning done, but should be able to make it up there for around 2, you going?

Haven't heard from the guys but would suspect they're all going.

Hey Jay

Glad your happy mate

Took abit longer than exspected but this was no tweak, started from scratch basically. The old map is now in my recycle bin :D

Was very happy when i got the throttle response good as you did say i wont be able to do it. That made it a challenge :cool:

Couldn't believe how hot your turbo had been getting never seen a exhaust trim that white in my life but what do you expect from 1100c EGT's.

All sorted now though.

Highest Peak was 930c on the long 5th run now :thumbs:

Cya tomorrow mate, Off out with JJ tonight :eyebrows:

Enjoy yourself bud, you deserve it :D

That's excellent news! i hope he can do mine :) Who mapped it before?

Dan Turner previously mapped it.

I'm still heading back up tonight and will drop it in at Michel's tomorrow, should have seen the weather today! As you know from Thurs night i'm not bothered about hammering it in the rain, today i was afraid to even get in the thing though!!

Nice one :) Cheer matey, yeah can't believe how well your car handled in those conditions :eyebrows: Top drivers car you have there!

Jay!!

Good stuff!

what did I tell you about that housing!.. big difference hugh? like a different car?

and although Ryan has helped, i recon the response is down to the housing; my car felt so much more responsive too; wait till you get it to 1.5 bar.

Night and day.

I went from a tentative 1.35 bar to 1.5 now with no issues, low temperatures and I would be interested to see what you are making by the time you get it to 1.4 / 1.5.

I had new wheels and tyres today, big difference too, but not the sort of day for wot on the road... :taped:

what did I tell you about that housing!.. big difference hugh? like a different car?

and although Ryan has helped, i recon the response is down to the housing; my car felt so much more responsive too; wait till you get it to 1.5 bar.

Night and day.

The reponse jay was talking about Mike is just the acceleration enrichment for his larger TB and Manifold. You would rev the car from idle or under 3k and would delay badly. With a larger opening more fuel is needed to enrichement the mixture on sudden throttle movements. Jays needed a fair amount of fuel to create a good burn. Would just keep going lean and stuttering before.

Hopefully it will be dry in areas tomorrow to feel the cars full potential. :eyebrows:

Good to hear Jay :thumbs: Thats some very impressive power at low boost, it'll be an animal at 1.4bar!

What was the power with the Dan turdner map?

Cheers Darryl, the power with Dan was exactly the same (500 rwhp) only that was @ 1.3 BAR rather than 1.1 BAR, but I do have a 0.81 housing now which changes things again. One of the biggest things that has impressed me with Ryan is not the way he's mapped the car on WOT, it's the way the throttle response is now near perfect.

nice result on 1.0 bar :cool:

waiting to hear the results when its mapped for 1.4 :eyebrows:

Me too :D

Jay!!

Good stuff!

Night and day.

I went from a tentative 1.35 bar to 1.5 now with no issues, low temperatures and I would be interested to see what you are making by the time you get it to 1.4 / 1.5.

I had new wheels and tyres today, big difference too, but not the sort of day for wot on the road... :taped:

I've not had a chance to really push it yet Mike but boy am I pleased I changed housing, both Ryans map & the housing have played a great part in it IMHO.

I can't wait to see what she's like @ 1.4 with this hosuing. I'm just praying for some dry days now :D

Ah cool, gotcha

One of the biggest things that has impressed me with Ryan is not the way he's mapped the car on WOT, it's the way the throttle response is now near perfect.

That was what impressed me after mine was mapped, it wasn't so much the peak power, but the way it ran off boost and during spool. It drove like stock off boost and on the dyno it had exactly the same spool as the T61's.