The mkiv Supra Owners Club

This cant be right!

ADD

i was changing my coil pack connectors today and noticed whilst the cam cover was off that the belt had moved about 2 or 3mm towards the engine but carried on with the task ahead. i started the car up to make sure all was running properly and i heard a squeeking noise coming from the cam belt area. took the car out for a spin (gave it a good booting) and noticed on my return that there was blue ish smoke coming out from the cam cover where the belt is......now i know i should be worried about this but how worried??? any help would be much appreciated.

ADD

i was changing my coil pack connectors today and noticed whilst the cam cover was off that the belt had moved about 2 or 3mm towards the engine but carried on with the task ahead. i started the car up to make sure all was running properly and i heard a squeeking noise coming from the cam belt area. took the car out for a spin (gave it a good booting) and noticed on my return that there was blue ish smoke coming out from the cam cover where the belt is......now i know i should be worried about this but how worried??? any help would be much appreciated.

ADD

it sounds like the belt is rubbing on something inside the cover

DONT DRIVE IT OR START IT TILL YOU GET THE COVER OFF FOR A LOOK

you dont want the timingbelt breaking!(bye bye engine)

it sounds like you havent put the cover on correctly and its catching the t-belt

whip the top cover off and take a look at the belt

alex:)

Thats incorrect. A snapped belt on any 2JZ aside from the VVTI NA should not result in engine failure. Every engine apart from that specific US only model is non-interference.

it sounds like the belt is rubbing on something inside the cover

it sounds like you havent put the cover on correctly and its catching the t-belt

whip the top cover off and take a look at the belt

alex:)

Done that mate and it wasn't rubbing anywhere. there are no score (?) marks on the belt, but i have noticed its a little loser than when it came back after being changed.