The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wating to hear if we have lost yet another uk spec supra

go4longer

Sorry to hear this fella, hopefully he had insurance...

Not wishing to be morbid or piss off karma, but how many Supras have we lost lately?

In the last month I think there's been 5 and it's not got really cold yet. December is the month when we lose the most.

Im pretty new to the scene and have recently bought an N/A aerotop. Why is it exactly that some many Supras are being crashed/written off at this time of year? Are they that delicate compared to other performance cars? Or is it that people drive using both turbos in the wet/ice? Just interested ... :rolleyes:

Im pretty new to the scene and have recently bought an N/A aerotop. Why is it exactly that some many Supras are being crashed/written off at this time of year? Are they that delicate compared to other performance cars? Or is it that people drive using both turbos in the wet/ice? Just interested ... :rolleyes:

In general it's the TT's that get wrecked during the winter, the majority are auto's (though I don't think thats a contributing factor).

From what I've seen here over the years it's almost always the younger drivers or those not experiencing driving high power RWD cars that have the accidents. Though in this fella's case it wasn't his fault, it nearly always seems to be one of two things that causes the wreck:

- Sudden "unexplained" loss of grip at high speed (IMO, too much throttle over poor road surface conditions)

- Loss of grip coming out of a corner/roundabout (IMO, too much throttle applied or too aggressive throttle input for the conditions)

It's not always the case, but pretty nearly all accidents we hear of on here are caused by one of the above.

In general it's the TT's that get wrecked during the winter, the majority are auto's (though I don't think thats a contributing factor).

From what I've seen here over the years it's almost always the younger drivers or those not experiencing driving high power RWD cars that have the accidents. Though in this fella's case it wasn't his fault, it nearly always seems to be one of two things that causes the wreck:

- Sudden "unexplained" loss of grip at high speed (IMO, too much throttle over poor road surface conditions)

- Loss of grip coming out of a corner/roundabout (IMO, too much throttle applied or too aggressive throttle input for the conditions)

It's not always the case, but pretty nearly all accidents we hear of on here are caused by one of the above.

lets not forget the diesel on the road:d

it was a nice looking car. you dont have much luck with your motors do you kev.

yes im starting to think someone's out to get me when i had crap cars nothing hapend to them. you get a nice car and people just run you off the road jeasoulsy i think thay cant stad working class people that have cars that out do theres. i was thinking of taking my bike test but im starting to think i may never see 30 if i do lol.

right i need your help people what should i be looking at as the value of my car?? as Ive ill probably have to fight to get a good pay out i want at least K as i have found another UK spec for that price. as you can tell Ive never had to fight an insurance company be for so all help and advice welcome thanks in advance