The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heel 'n toe driving the soop

bodilx6

How do you guys Heel and Toe in the Soop? I'm having trouble doing it "the classic way" by using the ball of the foot on the brake and the heel on the accelerator.

It is possible to adapt the technique where you use the left part of the ball of the foot to brake and the blip by tilting the foot and hitting the accellerator with the right part of the ball. BUT I'm a size 12 and my foot is still not wide enough to do that safely so that why I'm asking.

Any thoughts? Have anyone found good aftermarked pedals that solve this issue? Some you you track 'o feliacs must have a solution that works!

It is possible to adapt the technique where you use the left part of the ball of the foot to brake and the blip by tilting the foot and hitting the accellerator with the right part of the ball. BUT I'm a size 12 and my foot is still not wide enough to do that safely so that why I'm asking.

I can manage it ok and I don't even wear clown shoes :D

Using the other method just doesn't seem right to me.

Get an auto? :D :D

I've had autos for 10 years or so in my MKII and MKIII, thats enough "old-man-shifting" for me :)

Just luuuuve my 6spd.

The first thing to do is replace the pedals. I believe TRD and others do some different styles of pedal plate which makes things far easier...

I looked at some recaros, but they seemed just as small as the stock ones. You say TRDs are better? Is it the brake pedal being wider or the acc? Got a link?