The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ebay 2002 Toyota Supra VVTi

supra-mike1984

Nice price. shame its in the USA

would cost a fortune to get it treansported to the UK i bet

Shipping costs aren't too bad, well under 1k including insurance and documentation. However, add 10% import tax onto the purchase price and shipping, then another 17.5% for the VAT :)

So you are looking at about £14k by the time you can get it into the UK.

That isn't that cheap imo.

As i read on a post the other night, you cant import a supra to the UK that is less than 10years old. You used to be able to do this, but the rules changed in 1994, and now every supra (as they havent been crash tested) has to be over 10years old to import.

As i read on a post the other night, you cant import a supra to the UK that is less than 10years old. You used to be able to do this, but the rules changed in 1994, and now every supra (as they havent been crash tested) has to be over 10years old to import.

How come someone on here has a 2002 model? Do you mean the laws were changed in 2004?

You can import any year car but you wont be able to register it unless there is a model report (which there isn't for post 1997 Supras!) as any car under 10 years old has to have an SVA or ESVA test and 10 years or older just an MOT (with no SVA/ESVA) so a 2002 would have to be stored till 2012 before it could be registered or taxed as there is not an available model report for the test. Before 2004 you could get a test using the info for earlier models but then the ESVA was introduced and f**ked that up! Some other JDM models also suffered whilst others like R34's didn't through some sort of 'loop-hole':(

So you are looking at about £14k by the time you can get it into the UK.

That isn't that cheap imo.

As some 96/97's are fetching up to £15000 (or £22000 if you go to Jap Angles:taped:) a 2002 model(even with the suspected frontal) at around £14000 isn't so bad and as you would not actually be able to use it till 2012 how much would it be worth then? By the chassis number it is an RZ and not an RZ-S and is a great colour with Recaros and a JDM not a US spec! great if you have the cash to buy and store - otherwise not a good prospect(I couldn't wait 4 years to drive it!)

Q: how much do u want for it Dec-07-07

A: make an offer they are 65k new

Q: What brand of body kit do you have on this car? And is it a fake or genuine? Thanks Dec-07-07

A: There is no body kit that is how the car comes from the factory.

LMAO

I suggest that either he doesn't know what he is on about or he is mad.

Send him a link to this thread and give him an education!

Q: how much do u want for it Dec-07-07

A: make an offer they are 65k new

Q: What brand of body kit do you have on this car? And is it a fake or genuine? Thanks Dec-07-07

A: There is no body kit that is how the car comes from the factory.

LMAO

Ummm, not a great sign