The mkiv Supra Owners Club

IAT sensor for 3.0 L Non Tur

Guest mossy86

Guest mossy86

Hi

could someone please post up a picture of a IAT sensor for a 3.0 Non Turbo.....will help me for my on going, never ending quest to find out WTF is wrong with my car....

Thanks!!

Guest mossy86

just after checking again...think i found the IAF it was taken out n tied back is it a little black plastic thing???? plugs into the air filter arm?

just after checking again...think i found the IAF it was taken out n tied back is it a little black plastic thing???? plugs into the air filter arm?

Still doesn't explain the lack of air flow sensor.. There is a pressure sensor at the back of the engine next to the intake plenum which is a pressure sensor (MAP) Do you have an apexi AFC or something similar?

Guest mossy86

i rang toyota and they said on a 3.0 n/a there is no air flow meter...

no ive a box can remember the name its a fuel controller & delimiter that all.....but ive been driving around with out any and that IAF pluged out last 4 month no probs...until now.....

so just to confirm is the IAF small black plastic insert?

i rang toyota and they said on a 3.0 n/a there is no air flow meter...

no ive a box can remember the name its a fuel controller & delimiter that all.....but ive been driving around with out any and that IAF pluged out last 4 month no probs...until now.....

so just to confirm is the IAF small black plastic insert?

Is it a apexi RSM by any chance?

The IAF is a small little insert about the size of a big headphone jack.

No its not a RSM m8.....

Here is the dilemma, you have said you are getting an error code for the MAF, there doesn't appear to be a MAF (as you have said), I've just had a quick look outside on my car it does appear to be the case.

Therefore there must be something seriously odd on the car...

1. It has the wrong ECU (but then I don't see how it would run)

2. There is a unit similar to an emanage/SAFC/RSM which is intercepting the MAP sensor output and this is being reported by the ECU as a dodgy MAF for some reason (I'm tempted to pull my MAP sensor and see what error it generates)

3. The MAF is missing or in some other odd place.

think what ill do is plug in the IAF

(that has never been pluged in since I got the car) ...reset the ECU

and try again for the codes....

Was the sensor connected to the loom, I am assuming it was, give it a good clean, especially the connectors in case where it has been hanging it has been covered in crap.

it a Field SFC-Hyper-R Fuel Controller...

But i dont have the settings on anyway except the delimiter.....never had a problem with it....

The way a fuel computer works is by intercepting either the MAF or the MAP sensor and giving a false signal to the ECU thereby leaning or richening up the fuel. Unless your car is not standard I would go so far as advising that you check the SFC's wiring and remove the airflow adjustment by reconnecting up the stock wires for the MAP sensor, thereby removing the SFC's ability to frig with the fueling and running it only in monitor mode.

Guest mossy86

I went home a pluged back in the IAF reset the ECU and turned off the SFC...

Checked again and there are no codes on the car now...

When coming to work driving fine until I drove over a railway track the car bumped and loss of power again.....turned the car off and on and running fine again....

Sounds like loose connection to somthing..... i dunno...