The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Knock Reader/Analyser Update.

Tricky-Ricky

Thought i would start a new thread regarding the Phormula KS-3, i have been testing this now for some time, and can honestly say i have found it to be very reliable and consistent once its set up correctly, it picks up and shows even the onset of det, obviously you need to first set it for your engine as all are very slightly different, but once this is done you can set up an alarm point and it will trigger this quite consistently should you start to get det, and go on to register higher levels should you not lift off!

I am now testing the new version (prototype at the moment!) with a data out port for connection to a data logger that will except a 0-5V input, (which nearly all do) i am using the Innovate LM-1 and LMA-3 and the input can be configured to sow det as 0 to 100% in the logs and it will allow you to make a chart that will give you a very accurate view of just where det is occurring and for how long and how severe, which i find invaluable!

There is also an add on that will allow you to listen to the det through headphones if you so wish.

In all i think its worthwhile addition to add to your safety devices.

Disclaimer: just for the smart asses:p i have nothing to do with Phormula whatsoever.