The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gray Market Value?

Cerikbok

So my 95 N/A has just been subject to a write off :( I have a feeling they are going to work me over on the price, given the condition of the car (perfect before the accident), new body kit/stereo. Seems the engineer is going with gray market since it's an import, any ideas on what it's value will be? 54k miles, Manual

Since I payed 4k for it I would hope so, how does one "hold out" just argue with them? haha

Have you got detailed pictures of the condition and also a good service history of the car. If you can demonstrate that the car was of a high standard then you can get a better price!

H.

Since I payed 4k for it I would hope so, how does one "hold out" just argue with them? haha

Just cos you've paid that for it doesn't mean they'll give you the same amount mate.

When i say 'hold out' I mean basically reject their initial offer.

They may ask you to prove the car is worth more in which case supply them with recent advertisements for similar cars showing the value of yours or something similar.

:)

Most of the N/A mileage and year seem to run around 3500-4.5k, and yes I have lots of pictures of my car and the perfect condition it was in before. I didn't think they were going to pay it off, funny how the bank held it at much higher value than it was worth, silly bankers