The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A little advise needed please

2JG

evening all

next year i'm looking to have my conversion done from n/a to TT.

the donor car is accident damaged at the front and the fmic and radiator have had it so these will need replacing.

i'm looking to go BPU at the same time when the conversion is done, but i'm not sure whether or not to get a stock replacement radiator and intercooler or aftermarket radiator and FMIC.

your thoughts/views are appreciated

ta :)

Stick with stock so long as the IC is in great condition. There is no point having an FMIC on a BPU car, unless you're a bling tart like Gaz :p

Edited to add - any further plans for the car, i.e. single turbo conversion? That could change things if you want to go for a mid/large size turbo in the future....

Edited to add - any further plans for the car, i.e. single turbo conversion? That could change things if you want to go for a mid/large size turbo in the future....

i hadn't really thought that far ahead, not sure how much power the n/a 6 speed box can take?

won't your current rad be ok?

i'm not sure, i thought they were different?

Hi Jeff going tt Good boy , you need one of these and thats a dame good price ,http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=131058&page=2

hey matt, how things?

well that thread is the reason for this one, was wondering if it was worth doing now as it will need replacing.

Great news mate, you WILL love it ;)

As Homer says, if you're planning for big things in the future then you could put the fmic on whilst the car is in bits. Also depends on the condition of the smic, if that's fooked then if you can get a good price on the fmic you will save on labour in the long run as you wont have the labour to take it all apart again.

Great news mate, you WILL love it ;)

As Homer says, if you're planning for big things in the future then you could put the fmic on whilst the car is in bits. Also depends on the condition of the smic, if that's fooked then if you can get a good price on the fmic you will save on labour in the long run as you wont have the labour to take it all apart again.

counting down till feb, keep the diary free;)

well the donor car had a fmic on it already but that was trashed in the accident, so i need to get either a smic or fmic

Good thanks mate just saving to get my single mapped :D

Hows yours gioing ? bet you cant wait to stick the tt in ;)

good man :eyebrows:

looking forward to the additional horses that's for sure!

counting down till feb, keep the diary free;)

well the donor car had a fmic on it already but that was trashed in the accident, so i need to get either a smic or fmic

good man :eyebrows:

looking forward to the additional horses that's for sure!

I got a good side mount you can use mate :D

I got a good side mount you can use mate :D

cheers mate :D

Done :)

We'll see what the condition of the smic is and see what is left of the IC pipework etc, might be able to just get a new fmic core for a sensible price.

sounds like a plan :thumbs:

now, what should i do about the radiator? this needs replacing as well.

That price from Kyle is great, but I can get a price for a Toyota one if you like ?

that would be great thanks :)

i think i remember reading somewhere that they were of a similar price to aftermarket ones - but i could be wrong.

Yeh pretty much.......your flywheel is mounted to the crank at the rear of the engine, your donor TT will have one as will the NA. I believe they are the same, but i don't know (Jezz may?).

I spose what i'm getting at is a NA engine with flywheel and clutch is worth more secondhand to someone ;):D than without......and the TT setup if in ok condition is definitely suitable for the TT engine and will obviously already be attached and ready for you to go :)

gotcha ;)

well the 6 speed box from the donor car belongs to someone else so there is the strong possibility that i will use mine if they fit or there might be some parts that i will need to source.

suppose i won't really know until work begins.

EDIT: or i use the search button to find out :D