The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help please :( Drivers window....

Guest Phillw454

Guest Phillw454

Hi

I went out to my soop today and opened the door and the drivers side window fell half way down. This was unusual so i tried closing it with the swtich or lowering it and nothing. The motor makes a noise etc and when i took the door card off i could see the wire moving but it seems its come off its runner as is just sat there lose and doesn't move the window at all.

I called up a local import company and they said i probably need a new window regulator?

He said new from a main dealer it could be a few hundread £'s which at this time of year is hard to come by.

Do I need a new regulator? If yes any idea where to get one?

Thanks.

Guest CoolsBlue

Jez will have one i bet, sounds like you do need one as mine went once, my dad put a 12volt charge to it with a metre thing to get it up for the time:)

Mine has done the same phill. I have a block of wood holding it up at the moment. Yoy can get just the cable (which is the part with the plastic bit on the end which has broken) or you maybe able to source a s/h one. I asked a few people braking supes and they wanted silly money. Have not asked jezz yet though.

Guest Phillw454
Mine has done the same phill. I have a block of wood holding it up at the moment. Yoy can get just the cable (which is the part with the plastic bit on the end which has broken) or you maybe able to source a s/h one. I asked a few people braking supes and they wanted silly money. Have not asked jezz yet though.

Yeah id ideally want a cable. Id not thought of some wood! Nice one, I'll get me saw and 4x2 out now............i didn't use duct tape :D

Now held up with some wood, just need a new cable now and someone to fit it :)