The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new turbo timer

wilkorangerover

My new turbo timer has just arrived..... there are three wires which go to ignition ~(red wire (power) green wire(ignition signal) and a blue wire(ignition signal) and 2 which go to the ecu (o2 sensor wire and earth) and one wire which goes to the handbrake

can any body tell me which wire links up with which, thanks ;)

Just been looking round the car ignition, theres a pink-purple wire, yellow and black, white, red and white, which ones do i use????????

are nt you just going to tee into the ignition loom?? or are you getting a harness??

mines already fitted i got a harness for mine,was about £15 iirc.. its alot easier as it saves cutting wires. i didnt wire mine to the handbrake or ecu either, it works perfectly well just wired to the ignition, just dont get the o2 reading on mine (apexi).. what one have you got?

apexi, where did you get harness from?? also i have a clifford alarm tee into ignition.......... will this affect anything???

I think paul whiffin sells them, theyre not expensive as said its bout £15 and saves lots of hassle. I got a clifford too, only let down with the cliffords is you cant arm the alarm while the turbo timer is running.

Usually youd have to wait around for it to shut off before you can enable the alarm.

If you get the harness ill fit it for you if you can come to leicester :)

will the car still lock , when the turbo timer is running??

apexi was of ebay! bought air filter too apexi....... cheap

U can lock it by using the key yeah, but you cant enable the alarm while turbo timer is running.

and its dosent unlock when turbo timer finishes lol ? bet the harness makes life a lot easier, as theres no room to play with in that footwell! lol

If you lock it with the key it doesnt unlock - well not on mine it does'nt.

Trust me its really awkward i was literally upside down on my drivers seat feet to the roof and head to floor lol :D

i know what ya mean, i had a sneak look lol....... today what happens if ya lock it with the fob, whilst timer is running? cheers matey

nothing will happen if you try to lock it with the remote keyfob, because itll just be as if the cars started