The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GZ Facelift !?!?

Guest Moobot

Hallo Chaps and Chapettes !

I ve been vigourously supra hunting and from being very picky, I eventually inspected this one:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/252197.htm

I ve had a good read through those fantastic PDF's explaining the various supras and their differences but...

This really does seem to be a GZ facelift, according to that document thats not really possible as GZ's stopped production 1996ish, only in 1997 the RZ's had taken over as high spec (leather etc).

Am I missing something or is the document not 100% accurate (its still damn good).

Wonderful car, alloys were scratched up though, one side with bits of red paint which was a bit strange.

Anyways any info back would be supra... I mean super ! :D

Ask for the five letter Model Code from the VIN plate. That'll tell you whether it's a GZ or not.

But. . . I dunno why you're bothered whether it's a GZ or not anyway. GZ isn't the be all.

Everything that was fitted on a GZ could be ordered as an extra on an RZ anyway - and some of them aren't desirable anyway.

I would hazard a guess that that is an RZ with all the options and as said nothing to choose between a standard GZ and a fully spec'd RZ anyway. More likely to be a facelift RZ or RZ-S and a check on the vin number will confirm, that company probably knows that GZ's are not as common and that saying it is a GZ will attract more buyers:(