The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First Casualty on the Lane of Doom

keancy

Well it had to happen didn't it. :( And only a few days before I am getting the bugger raised. I am well gutted.

Anyways here is the story and the pictures of dispare to go with it.

Some guy near us ripped their drive up yesterday, so my brother-in-law in his ultimate wisdom (meaning well) said to the builders "hey instead of dumping the tarmac into a skip why not put it in the potholes on the lane and help the locals" (i.e. us mainly).So said deed was done yesterday, but instead of smashing the tarmac up a bit they stuck massive slaps of the stuff into rain filled potholes. Well you can guess where I am going with this.

After this mornings shopping and fuel trip (car loaded and heavy) I came back down the lane and promptly caught on one of the large slaps disguised in a water filled puddle and not only scraped the front bumper but smashed the shi** out of my right side skirt. The words pi** off and gutted don't even come close. And to top it all off we was ment to meet up with robsheffield this afternoon which needless to say didn't happen cause I was way to depressed (sorry again mate).

Here are the pics.

Two cracks along the door section bit:

Screw sections inside the wheel arch (both screws look this way)

And last but not least, the front section where the paint has chipped right off:

Ok, sorry for going on but I had to vent this out my system while getting hopelessly drunk, so excuse the spelling errors.

Thanks

Anja :(:blink:

Oh yeah and I forgot to add, my next door neighbour came over and told us her son damaged his car on the lane too, so off me and hubby went with a big sledge hammer in the gales and rain to drag the slaps out the potholes and smash them into smaller pieces untill it was so dark we couldn't see wtf we was doing anymore.

Still, I am dreadding going to work monday morning :(

Thanks guys. After getting hammered last night and my Hubby finally calming down I feel better today.

As for calling the guys about the damage well the suggestion to put the stuff in the potholes came from us in the first place though I didn't expect the plonkers to stick great big slabs of it in there. Cause with the puddles full to the rims with water you can't possibly see what your about to hit. :(

Well the bit's are much smaller now after we smashed em up and I rang our local builder today who is going to run his massive lorry up and down over it a few times tomorrow, that coupled by all the delivery vans and other traffic it should hopefully break it all down a bit in the next few days.

And me , being the smart girl that I am I just phoned my boss for a lift to work tomorrow morning so I don't have to use our car over the rubble ;)

Then on Wednesday the car is going in for the Springs to be fitted and as it happens the place it's going to is a body shop so it will cost a wee bit more and spend a few more days away but it will be back to it's full glory soon enough. :D

:D

oh sorry to hear of your damage -idiots

you need to buy my house its ferocious weather but I have a 30 foot high hedge in the way so I could hold a barbecue its so still

440000 pounds if you want it lol

Rich

Yeah hang on a minute while I just go and rob a bank mate. :tongue:

You can't really blame the workmen. If you/your bro'-in-law wanted the pot holes filling then you should've paid them. They get paid by the hour and smashing the chunks isn't going to be a 2 minute job. If anything you're best course of action is your neighbour. He hired them. His responsibility.

So its up for sale then

;)

What

my body?

the house?

the Supra?

The house, Officially not for sale until around March but tbh m8 Id sell now and get things sorted. I have to follow this dream through. I cannot go on hacking my kind of work anymore, and if I dont follow my heart I will always regret it; life is too short to f*** around here anymore than necessary..

If you do know of anyone looking let me know.

As far as Supra goes same there, but I would want 6500 - its a very sound motor; might not be best cosmetically but is a great car.

You can't really blame the workmen. If you/your bro'-in-law wanted the pot holes filling then you should've paid them. They get paid by the hour and smashing the chunks isn't going to be a 2 minute job. If anything you're best course of action is your neighbour. He hired them. His responsibility.

I don't blame the workmen for putting the stuff there, but if they weren't going to break it up which is fine they should just have dumped the stuff on my doorstep and I would have broken it myself, happily. And it wasn't my neighbour but my bro-in-laws :p.

It's done now, yes I am pi**ed but it's nobodys fault as such other then perhaps ours for noth thinking it through completely first.

PS: No it isn't a 2 minute job, took me, hubby and said neighbour an hour. ;)

Go take some pictures and claim from the council :)

The council are more then useless what the Lane is concerned.

I been coming down this lane for 17 years and they have done sweet F.A. Their reasoning is the lane is not a highway but a byway only and as such they have only got to maintain it for walking purposes. To be honest it isn't even fit to walk on but loads of emails and letters regarding this are unanswered, yet they quick enough to demand £140 a month of council tax from us.