The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Some bloke...

DrivingTheDream

In Newcastle city centre who was smoking outside a bar was having a good look at my car when I was at a set of lights and asked me to wind window down.

He asked what is was first (quite standard question) so I told him then we had a little chat and explained how fast, what size engine etc then he asked,

"Is it a brand new model, I've never seen one of those before"

So I dropped the bombshell it was 14 years old. The guy nearly collapsed lol.

"What you keep it in mothballs or summit!?"

Supra=Still got the looks :D

A couple of weeks ago I was outside having a smoke and admiring my stonechips when this guy who works at our place says "Your car?"

Yeah.

Nice. Fast eh?

Yeah not bad.

Then he said "My colleague was telling me that they only made 150 of those. Amazing that there's two of them right here, isn't it?" (Suprash's being the other one)

Well it's a few more than 150 actually mate.

Really? How many?

Just over forty three thousand actually.

:lol:

He looked well disappointed! :D

(Apparently his colleague had been having a nosey round my car and thought it was a UK TT6, cos of the bonnet scoop I presume)

O dear time to bring the thread down.

Picking up my Sisters little lad (who loves the soop) from school the other day one of his mates comes out with his mum sees the Supra and says

"mum mum look look its one of those cars!"

Im stood next to it looking smug till the mum replys

"No thats not an aston, *Looks closier * its a........a.......Toyota"

Still fooling 7 year olds will do for now least they dont ask if its a TT and make me feel even worse

The power of the supra.

I life on the Isle of Man and about three years ago I went down to the prom during the TT. There was almost as big a crowd around the car as there was watching the topless ladies going back and forth on the back of bikes.

Ageless design that will always look great.

Love em

O dear time to bring the thread down.

Picking up my Sisters little lad (who loves the soop) from school the other day one of his mates comes out with his mum sees the Supra and says

"mum mum look look its one of those cars!"

Im stood next to it looking smug till the mum replys

"No thats not an aston, *Looks closier * its a........a.......Toyota"

Still fooling 7 year olds will do for now least they dont ask if its a TT and make me feel even worse

Yep that is a very true story, unfortunatley its the mom i would be interested in :D

someone also once claimed my Supra was a hairdressers car outside the same school

I drive past one particular hairdressers every day. Someone who works there drives a very nice white facelift. They seem to work part time (either that or it's a customer who gets their hair cut about 3 times a week!)

I hate it when people think i've said Subaru because they've never heard of the Supra, :rolleyes: :D

My mate done exactly that to me when i told him what car i was getting! I didn't realise what he said untill he asked if i was buying a blue or black one with gold alloys:rolleyes: