The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will it matter

SupraD06

hi guys and girls ive been leaving the supra longer and longer between running it or even starting it up, due to the weather not being great, and i was getting concerned about things starting to sieze, i keep taking th battery out and putting it on charge between using it, but the more i read on here the more alot of you seem to be leaving your for long periods of time, if the weather keeps getting bad and its dangerous to take it out or even want to take it out for weeks and weeks on end will this be ok?????? was thinking of putting it in the garage until maybe feb but not sure?

Have left mine for two months as is. Went straight out and started first time. Only thing i did was disconnect the ignitor pack so as too get good oil pressure before its first start.

I will be storing mine very soon but will be putting clean, cheap half decent oil in it but will change it again (to good stuff) before going back on the road.

i would not leave mine more than a few weeks, just starting the engine up helps, but idealy you need to drive it else you may end up with seized parts like brakes ect, also if your tt then the petrol will lose octanes over long periods which is not good:(

In the garage it would be fine I would have thought, its keeping the elements from getting at your car.....and a lot warmer generally, no frost can settle on it etc......if I was leaving the car for the winter the garage would be the only place I would consider it....otherwise outside it will always be best to keep the car used. Remember cars arent designed to be sat around, it kills them....

Left outside, I would start it once a week and even then wont to roll the wheels forward and back wards, using the brakes at least, left in this weather, your calipers could easily start to seize.......

damn better get moving again then. bit difficult at the moment as im in poland :) glad the supra aint here tho - bloody freezing!! and i havent seen a dry bit of road yet. smoking hot chicks though :cool: :eyebrows:

Mmmmmm, hot chicks, bring a few back over with you.....

And how comes all we get is Polish blokes coming over here, why arent there more females.....:search:

well last year it was on the drive with no cover or nothing but i did try and start it at least once a week and did go around the block in it but this year ive just let it sit and its been on the drive undriven for about 6 weeks but the battery is disconnected, if i cant get to put it in the garage then i will put a car cover on just to help keep the frost off it abit, but if its very icey then ill just have to run the risk of not running it

Left mine in the garage for 3 months once, battery was never the same again. First time I started it up I slowly edged out onto the drive and let it idle for 10 mins to get the temps up then slowly drove to DSA for a full service and oil change. car was fine.