The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Annoying squeeking.

SILKYSMOOTH

I have an annoying sqeeking sound coming from 1 or 2 of the wheels, it only happens when i'm slowly edging forward in trafiic upto 10 mph....comes and goes.

I recently changed all the pads and discs and thought it would solve it (it did improve alot), but I did not fit new anti-squeel shims and just cleaned them up and fitted them back again, is this the problem? and do toyota sell them?

• 2 months later...

Fitted the front shims on Saturday, but I still need to bleed the front brakes again, so I havn't driven it yet..Hope to later on today providing someone lends me one of their legs to press the brake pedal. Hopefully squealing will have gone. I will probably take the back wheels/brakes off too and give them a good grease too between the shims again just to be sure.

Im pretty sure ive got all that fitted and mine still does it!! Everything to do with braking on my car is less than 8 months old....

Mine are less than 6 months old too..and it has improved since I changed the pads and discs, the fact that I did not have any anti squeal shims on the front makes me think....thats why!, it doesn't squeal much TBH only from time to time, I think they should be okay, especially when I grease the rear too.

Its time to time on mine 2, but when it does......boy does it make a noise!!

Thats why I called the thread 'Annoying' - By the sounds of it, mine is not as bad as yours, but im sure if you just take all the brakes off and give'em a good clean and regrease it will be okay. Plus the bonus is...the car gets a thorough clean now and again.;)