The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VERY Pissed Off

SupraD06

just been reading the thread about the price for making your car BPU and i thought id dig out my receipt for twhat i paid cuz i had no idea of cost when i had mine done back in april this year, and im shocked at what im reading now, at the time i though that the price i was given was a resonable price due to all the parts id need and labour etc

my reciept reads as follows get ready:(

GReddy Turbo Timer £185 ive just seen it for £65+vat at Whifbitz

Fuel Cut Defencer £140 just seen it for £85+vat at Whifbitz

GReddy Profec b Boost Controller £595, £250+vat at Whifbitz

Walbro Fuel Pump £95

De-Cat And Fittings £140

AFC Fuel Neo Computr Package £545 ( was told i needed this)

Fitting for all above £545

£375 to fit my whifbitz own FMIC

£225 to Dyno And Set up

£112 to fit my dump valve as they had to supply the fitting kit

A TOTAL OF £2942+VAT = £3457.48

Cant belive the difference in labour and the F';#king Boost Controller and the turbo timer

I think i might be on the phone tomorrow, what do you think?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add, didn't you ask the guys on here befoe forking out 3k?

Scott =op

i wasnt a member on here at the time and because of what car it is i assumed the parts would be expensive but not that F';#king expensive, just worked it out at £452 over priced just on the Turbo timer, FCD and boost controller

That is absolutely appauling! Apart from the uneccesary Apexi Neo, those parts would only take around 6-8 hours to fit (and thats for a numpty like me, much less for a professional).

The Neo is a nice to have, but is by no means needed. It should help remove that little lean spot during 2nd turbo spool, but mine worked fine with the stock ECU for 35k miles and still had perfect leakdown results afterwards...

You've been ripped off big time looking at those charges. Which garage was it that did the work?

Edit - £545 for a Neo!! You could have had a full standalone for the same money. Feckin hell...

what sort of injectors should i be running at 412fwhp?????

Stock ones, they are fine for much more, it's the spool up that the stock ECU struggles to provide fuel, not the top end.

Anyway, it's the rear wheel HP you should be talking about, fwhp is just a guess made by the dyno. I was running my 6spd at 1.25 bar and it made 360rwhp with 11.2 afr's at the peak, this is with stock injectors and ECU (Reputable RR I might add, not one of those magical ones ;) )

Stock ones, they are fine for much more, it's the spool up that the stock ECU struggles to provide fuel, not the top end.

Anyway, it's the rear wheel HP you should be talking about, fwhp is just a guess made by the dyno. I was running my 6spd at 1.25 bar and it made 360rwhp with 11.2 afr's at the peak, this is with stock injectors and ECU (Reputable RR I might add, not one of those magical ones ;) )

any clues as to what 412fwhp is in bhp???