The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How Much For Bpu Upgrade

Stevie72

Depends on what mods you have now and how far you want to go with it. Presuming you're going from stock to bare minimum BPU, here's some rough figures:

- Cat back Exhuast: £400

- Double decat £150

- Restrictor ring £10

- Boost gauge £120

- Spark plugs £14

- FCD £70

- Fuel pump £90

Total: £854 plus any labour if you don't DIY

And if your IC isn't in good condition, FMIC £600

We charge £479 for the BPU parts, plus you need an exhaust. Labour is around £160.

Gaz.

Good price Gaz :)

Damn right! I've resisted modding my Supra so far, on the understanding that I can't justify spending £1000+ on parts alone for BPU, having just bought my first flat. Seeing that really makes the wallet smile!

No worries guys.

In the £479 you get an Envy 3" full de-cat, restrictor ring, gaskets, Greddy FCD, Walbro Pump and Denso Iridium plugs. Boost gauge is recommended also but no included, can do a Blitz one for £115.

I also was doing Greddy 2 Row IC's for £495 but have sold out so will order more.

Once I get our own brand exhausts from Japan I'll do a super special deal on complete kit :)

Regards,

Gaz.

Thanks guys i have a stock UK 93 TT with 120k miles,

I read somewhere that with UK stock you don't need new exhaust etc - or am i barking up the wrong tree - in short i am asking with a UK model is it any cheaper!!!!!!!!!

It's my understanding that de-cats for a UK car are slightly more expensive. For a j-spec you can simply make a whole run of them, but it's not worth it for the UK so they're made to order :(

figures:

- Cat back Exhuast: £400

- Double decat £150

- Restrictor ring £10

- Boost gauge £120

- Spark plugs £14

- FCD £70

- Fuel pump £90

Total: £854 plus any labour if you don't DIY

And if your IC isn't in good condition, FMIC £600

Wow i'm over half way there already :eyebrows:

Didnt realise til now ha ha spark plugs/second de-cat and restrictor ring needed :eyebrows:

Thanks guys i have a stock UK 93 TT with 120k miles,

I read somewhere that with UK stock you don't need new exhaust etc - or am i barking up the wrong tree - in short i am asking with a UK model is it any cheaper!!!!!!!!!

Stevie, you need a slightly different list of parts for the UK. The restrictor ring isn't required, neither is the Fuel pump, however you will need a Boost controller, which are fairly expensive (Budget at least £350)

No worries guys.

In the £479 you get an Envy 3" full de-cat, restrictor ring, gaskets, Greddy FCD, Walbro Pump and Denso Iridium plugs. Boost gauge is recommended also but no included, can do a Blitz one for £115.

I also was doing Greddy 2 Row IC's for £495 but have sold out so will order more.

Once I get our own brand exhausts from Japan I'll do a super special deal on complete kit :)

Regards,

Gaz.

Good price now all I need is a TT for this deal:D

so 70 odd BHP more for about £1k all in - not bad

Wonder what the 4.9 stanard 0-62mph time goes down to with that mod!!

It doesn't really make much difference to the 0-60, but feels like a different car on the road, especially once it's rolling.

And yes, it's incredible bang per buck, only problem is it gets very expensive to go any further

No worries guys.

Regards,

Gaz.

So the only other thing needed is a back box? Or would you need a full exhaust?