The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blitz Nur Spec..My suprise at....

BASHTHEBISHOP

WHAT!!! oh great, cant wait to call them when i go BPU next year now!!!

I was surprised when i called them that my premium didnt go down when i moved house. ive gone from leaving my car in a carpark 24hrs a day, now to a nice locked garage which itself is behind locked gates, in the same post code! and its not seen as safer!!!! grrrrrr.

That's not good. I was considering sorting my suspension next year, but I've always heard that insurers rip you off big time for that. If an exhaust puts £48 on a premium then I dread to think what other stuff does to it!

Edit to add: Adrian Flux out-quoted Sky by 25% for me recently. Sky have since agreed to match it which saves me moving insurance companies :)

That's not good. I was considering sorting my suspension next year, but I've always heard that insurers rip you off big time for that. If an exhaust puts £48 on a premium then I dread to think what other stuff does to it!

Edit to add: Adrian Flux out-quoted Sky by 25% for me recently. Sky have since agreed to match it which saves me moving insurance companies :)

Hi,

last month i renewed with Sky, and when i got my renewal letter in the mail i told then on the phone i had a new TEIN SS and EDFC installed as my old suspension got killed. I did not get any extra charge on my renewal quote.

Just had to pay what i was originally quoted and even got 20GBP off that price too :)

if you are changing suspension may be worth giving them a call if it is a necessity and not just a performance upgrade.

ja ne

Ian

Hi,

last month i renewed with Sky, and when i got my renewal letter in the mail i told then on the phone i had a new TEIN SS and EDFC installed as my old suspension got killed. I did not get any extra charge on my renewal quote.

Just had to pay what i was originally quoted and even got 20GBP off that price too :)

if you are changing suspension may be worth giving them a call if it is a necessity and not just a performance upgrade.

ja ne

Ian

It'd be half and half really - the suspension knocks a fair bit and so could do with some refreshing, and it looks a bit like a 4x4 at the moment being on stock UK springs and shocks! I'll be ringing them before I make any changes though.

Suspension doesnt make any difference. I declared my Tein Superstreets at the same time but was told there is no increase for this as its 'only cosmetic'.

Not a chance a suspension change is only cosmetic though! I won't complain if I do change mine and get that response, but I'd be a bit incredulous at it TBH.

It seems that you guys have had better responses regarding suspension changes than some of my mates have in the past. Might open up a few possibilities....

My last renewal saw sky take the piss. I now ill never go back there because of it. Why insurance companies think that whalloping a premium up on renewal and waiting to see if the customer will complain is beyond me. Perhaps there are a load of idiots out there that don't check their renewals. I am not one of those. I take it very personally when insurance companies pull this stunt. A plan didn't try any of that crap. The guy I spoke to gave me a quote and then proceeded to tell me that the quote was bollox and he would do something about it. The next day he called me back with a significantly better price. I will migrate this year or maybe next year when I put that car back on the road.