The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra v8 project...

rxv8

Hi all will be starting my supra v8 project over the winter months,

and just picked up my 355ci sbc,its the old school style,but 5.8 litre,alimiuim afr heads,comp cams cam kit 292h,holley 750 dp etc etc made 437hp 449 torque,mated to a t-5 chevy world class gearbox...and its all going in my supra...Before anyone says but you can make a supra faster than a v8...i know...i like to be different and lets face it a v8 sounds awesome,just like a single turbo supra...each to their own:):):)

i guess loads of people will be slating me but each to there own,like steve dunn,taff,etc who have used the ls1 and the 1uz engines etc... my pals 924 porsche dynod at perfect touch with the same size sbc engine but lower comp and 640 lift cam with a procharger at 19 psi boost...made 605 hp before overtaking the dyno and doing a burnout...LOL and 701 torque....so goes to show sbc,ls1,1uz all have potential...anyone else doing any v8 projects over the winter...;):D

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all will be starting my supra v8 project over the winter months,

and just picked up my 355ci sbc,its the old school style,but 5.8 litre,alimiuim afr heads,comp cams cam kit 292h,holley 750 dp etc etc made 437hp 449 torque,mated to a t-5 chevy world class gearbox...and its all going in my supra...Before anyone says but you can make a supra faster than a v8...i know...i like to be different and lets face it a v8 sounds awesome,just like a single turbo supra...each to their own:):):)

i guess loads of people will be slating me but each to there own,like steve dunn,taff,etc who have used the ls1 and the 1uz engines etc... my pals 924 porsche dynod at perfect touch with the same size sbc engine but lower comp and 640 lift cam with a procharger at 19 psi boost...made 605 hp before overtaking the dyno and doing a burnout...LOL and 701 torque....so goes to show sbc,ls1,1uz all have potential...anyone else doing any v8 projects over the winter...;):D

Started to read it but my eyes ran out of breath! Whatever you are doing - good luck :)

Looking forward to hearing more about this, don't forget to take plenty of pics ;)

It's a project I've long wanted to do myself. The plan was to get a dirt cheap NA auto and replace with a small block chevy and 5 speed manual. Was even searching the auction listings last week for one :)

PS: If this was on Supraforums everyone would be going nuts telling you a Chevy engine can't go in a Toyota. Thor got ripped to shreds over there when they posted about their Ford V8 (shortly after they changed to a 1UZ).