The mkiv Supra Owners Club

anybody who has fitted car audio into thier mkiv!!

Guest S.Pharmacist

Guest S.Pharmacist

hey people,

jus wondering what bass and speakers you guys hav fitted into your supras. im fresh to them so i dont know what sound good in them and what not...

Not at all into "ICE" but had a Kenwood head (think thats what you call the wireless bit) for ages.

Just uprated the front speakers to bigger Focal components and put a small Alipine sub with built in amp in the boot (which just fits into the cubby-hole in there) neat :)

This improved the sound 1000%

Cost about £200 for the focals and bit over £100 for the Alpine (plus fitting) so for very little money I've a vast improvement.

Hope this helps (sorry to annoy you ICE tekkies with my ignorant wafflings) :)

Pharmacist? I am a drug dealer too, I am from SOP "square"

Since I drive around london and I never drive fast :p I used sound deadening on almost all inside of the car par the roof and boot lid.

makes lots of difference to road noise and music stays in and noise stay out :)

added a lot of weight tho

Actually I thought it was fair :taped: I'm going to be fair here if you can't actually be assed to look at the sites topic list then why should anyone be assed to answer a very very generic question?

Urgh

because its a forum, where we are supposed to help each other out.

I'm just getting fed up with people on this forum pointing out spelling, grama, and posting location mistakes all the time.

anyway, I'm going to say no more on the subject.

• 2 weeks later...

[ATTACH]bootbuild1o.jpg

bootbuild2.jpg[/ATTACH]

Here is mine also:

My mate built me a custom boot enclosure so I could run the 2000w JBL GTI competition sub, 2000w Fusion single channel amp, dash mounted base gain control, fusion rear speakers, 2 channel amp and power cap and custom trimmed boot carpet. It is 'quite loud' funnily enough.....

I am having some serious engine work done and just had a custom cage and harnesses fitted so I need to shead some more weight, hence I have put the lot up on Ebay, as is. If you know anyone who fancies the loss of hearing from at least one ear, let me know:)

Urgh

because its a forum, where we are supposed to help each other out.

I'm just getting fed up with people on this forum pointing out spelling, grama, and posting location mistakes all the time.

anyway, I'm going to say no more on the subject.

Yeah there is helping each other out and being subjected to half assed questions that are more than easily answered by just looking at the forum. For gods sakes the guy didn't even notice the section named ICE technical. If you don't even bother to read the forums headings or anything on the very first page why should members be bothered to help you at all???

You may be fed up of people on this forum pointing out grammar mistakes etc etc but I am utterly fed up of the 30 poster specials that bombard this forum with the same old crap questions. For the record I didn't slag off the obvious poor spelling or unnecessary swearing just the question itself.