The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mpg - Vote Now!

wHIZz

How does my MPG compare to yours, when driven gently?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How does my MPG compare to yours, when driven gently?

• I get about the same
    • I get around 20-25 MPG
    • I get higher than 25 MPG
    • Mine improved when I replaced the o2 sensor

I know this has been done to death but I'm trying to find out how my Supra TT 93 Jspec MPG compares with others:

Test:

1. Ran the car until the petrol needle was sitting at exactly the middle of the bottom notch on the gauge.

2. Stuck £20 of Super in £1.09pl (approx 18litres)

3. Reset trip counter

4. Drove "conservatively" to work and back over the last few days (13 miles each way). I really only put the foot down twice and the only for a few seconds

RESULT - Petrol light came on today, although still 1 notch from bottom one

Trip Readout at petrol light = 64 MILES!

I make that around 15 MPG - driven very gently! :blink:

Please vote!

wHIZz

Isn't it normal to just fill the car up when it needs it rather than stick in £10 or £20 at a time? I always reset the trip counter after filling, then on the next refil knew exaclty how much I'd used.

Urban driving only: 18mpg

Mix urban and commuting/motorway: 19mpg

Fast motorway: 19mpg

Driving like Miss Daisy on the motorway: 30mpg!

Above was for the TT, the Single was better on urban/communiting, but for some reason was appauling when driven fast, 10mpg at times :innocent:

hi there...i`ve got mine uk spec tt 6 speed....about the same around 18 mpg but if i push it..it just drinks..:)my ex car a4 audi tdi 1.9 diesel 2003 with a 70 litres tank i was doing urban 550 m and motorway...760m:(what a jump.....but i tell u what ...i enjoy my car ...with a full tank i`ll do around 300 miles..:(with my supra..but.i`m happy```:))

i`m driving ``my dream car`` that`s way i go to wark 11 hours a day..

I'm sure a decent O2 sensors make a big difference to off boost driving, after changing mine it went from 16 to 18mpg urban. I imagine it would make an even bigger difference on the NA's with tired sensors

Hope so , i don't think i'm gonna entertain that lemon bodge thing but at £80 ish each if i remember correctly , and 2 of them on N/A's it's an expensive fix but if it works worth every penny .

My previous TT averaged 18 mpg over a year, every year for three years. My current TT has averaged 18 mpg over a year, every year for the last three years. This year, so far, its averaged 17 mpg which is slightly concerning. Mind you, I did take it way over 70 once in August.

Coming back from Suprapod i got my all time MPG record in my car of 31mpg :blink: i was running really lean and we were cruising back at 70ish. On the other end of the spectrum i managed to empty well over half a tank on a private test track in about 22 miles of nearly full boost :cool::D :innocent: wow i miss my car at the moment :(

Change your O2 sensor though it helped mine!

I didn't buy my car for it's exceptional mpg :rlol: if i get 10 to the gallon when on boost playing i'd be pleased :D

Again like others, when driving like Miss Daisy it does return mid 20's i think, but it's a bit hard to tell as i can't nornally drive like that for long without resisting the temptation to nail the right foot and go go go :p:p no matter what the mpg return is ;)

i enjoy my car ...with a full tank i`ll do around 300 miles..:(with my supra..but.i`m happy```:))

i`m driving ``my dream car`` that`s way i go to wark 11 hours a day..

spot on pall, if you want to drive this kind of car you have to put them kind of £££ in to the tank:cool:,

i am not a fan of the: well if it drinks too much shut up and get a smaller car, comment as i have been told this many times :rolleyes:

(other half:d) but if your doo-ing 2X more fuel than the supra should why ignore it:blink:

lol btw i get 12-15mpg to+from work, and about 35 on m-way to hull twice a month:d

02 sensor next month and maybe a carbon fibre right foot :whistle:

I get about 18 in my n/a.:blink: However I've just started messing with the manu button and now I'm driving around town in L and 2 so it's probably even less now! And I just don't care because it's so much fun!!:D

what!?? i get 25 avg minimum. mines great on fuel, ashtonishing really. 35 plus on runs. although im manual :cool:

i am not a fan of the: well if it drinks too much shut up and get a smaller car, comment as i have been told this many times :rolleyes:

(other half:d) but if your doo-ing 2X more fuel than the supra should why ignore it:blink:

Yeah, cheers - that was really the point of my post, although it may have come across as "I've had a Supra TT for a year and I've just noticed is uses lots of petrol!".

It's not that I don't know the Supra is heavy on petrol, the point of the thread was for me to compare it with other Supra's to see if mine could do with a new o2 sensor.

wHIZz :)