The mkiv Supra Owners Club

These 18"'s for £850? Wotcha think?

Foz

Hiya all,

ive been on the hunt for some new alloys and tyres for a while now and ive come across a trader on Ebay with some nice looking alloys for £850 - what do you think? Are these ok?

These come as 18", with FALCON tyres, 235/40s on the front and 265/35s on the rears?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120187492856&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

Not too bad - looks good but yeah look heavy too - could be wrong though .

How good are the Falkens ? Never stint on your tyres ;)

As said, the offset's will more than likely not be right for the true handling. (Some people put spacers on, I for one wouldn't recommend spacers)..

Falkens have an odd rep, some people like them, some don't. I've used them on a range of cars, and they are OKAY, not brilliant just okay, but they are soft. Value wise they are okay.

Guest chrismtaylorsup

ive all so bought from them be for nice people if you offer 650 he will say yes or phone them and they can upgrade tyres there as i did . hope this helps:cool:

Or how about these (think i like these better!) these are for £995 and have Avons on? Same size tyres too!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SUPRA-ALLOY-WHEELS-AND-TYRES-18-DEEP-DISH_W0QQitemZ230196351287QQihZ013QQcategoryZ9888QQcmdZViewItem

I have a set of these in 19". I have them on my Soarer and am going to put them on my Supra (I think) when I'v had the lips polished.

They are a nice looking wheel but if the laquer chips on the lip which it will because laquer does not stick to a polished surface, water gets in and they look horrible so I'm having the lips repolished and *NOT* laquered.

What colour is your car??

Heres my Soarer with them on and someone's (hope they dont mind me posting pic) Supra.

http://www.photobucket.com/albums/v626/RussMR2/supe.jpg

Wheelmania are actually quite well known, i think a few people have them.

Ive used them. Actually have a set of 19 x 8.5 and 19x9.5 Vortex Evos on the supra now (see my garage). For about £1300 they came with 235/40 and 265/35 Avon ZZ3 tyres, which also have a mixed reputation. I find them great in the dry and to be fair ok in the wet. The wheels though are quite heavy again. As for wheelmania/vouge they are good, know their stuff and provide great service:)