The mkiv Supra Owners Club

decisions...decisions...N/A...TT

ultra_supra

hi all..

before anyone says it..yup this is another N/A owner here wanting to go TT...but...

i'm really not sure what the best way is to go about it...

i have a Jap N/A auto ,its mint so originally wanted to hold on to it & my first plans was to make it single however, i have read that having an engine transplant of a TT is cheaper? (not sure if this is correct) and also alot more reliable...which would suit me better as i really wouldn't have the funds to play around with a single it if it were to have problems...

also although i have an auto i think i would prefer a manual so again..if i kept my car i may end up forking out more cash to have it changed...

my other plan would be to sell the N/A buy an A to B car n save up for a TT - ideally would love to swap my N/A for a TT plus cash their way but lets face it.....v.unlikely to happen!!!!

i've baught various parts for the soop ,18's,UK brakes plus other parts but can't justify havin it all fitted etc if i plan to sell for a TT ,i'd rather save it all for that...

what would you guys do? sell the N/A n save for TT or engine transplant? the amount of money i would end up spending if i were to have a angine transplant & manual gearbox i may aswell sell up n save for a TT?...but i'm really soooo undecided :D

also what have most other N/A owners done with regards to going turbo?

thanks peeps :)

i have just done a NA to TT swap. but i was luckily i already had a manual box in mine. So that helped keep the cost down. I went through Jezz on the club as he comes recommended. If i were you i would ask Jezz for a ball park figure and then work out if it was worth doing. Rember a TT my come down a little in price next year as will your insurance.

I love my new engine and i spent a lot of time getting the car to look how i wanted, as well as realizing it was easier to save up for a swap rather than save the extra for a black manual TT, which is why i did it.

Personally I'd only consider the engine swap if my NA was either in incredible condition or a rarer version (ie facelift, 6sp SZR). There are tonnes of TTs out there and you don't have the pain of having the work done then.

You might also want to consider resale value on an engine swap, people can get funny over that kind of thing.

Personally I'd only consider the engine swap if my NA was either in incredible condition or a rarer version (ie facelift, 6sp SZR). There are tonnes of TTs out there and you don't have the pain of having the work done then.

You might also want to consider resale value on an engine swap, people can get funny over that kind of thing.

very tue...definately good points to think about!..tough choice..

You are looking at about £3k to transplant to a TT.

You can buy a TT for around £6 - £8k how much would you get for your N/A ?

i've no idea what i'd get ,i'd hope for around 4,500 if i include the uk brakes & 18's...which i'd prolly do cus realisticlly i'd probably go for a TT that has those add ons already...