The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help! What have I done?

Guest scottw74

Guest scottw74

Ok, all my dash lights were working until I had my alarm fitted. Since then, the temp control led didnt come off. So, as I got time off, I decided to investigate. Took the dash panel off again, had a look, no loose wires. So thought I'd just put it all back and see what happens. Now I have NO LIGHTS on my heating control. Now, I bloody know that I have connected everything, as, when I noticed I had nothing, I immediately took the dash panel off again and re checked. Same again. All I have is the clock illumintation. No temp control, no force control, not even got any push button led's working on the heater controls. There is back lighting there when I have my lights on, but no led indicator to tell me if its on ie, screen, feet etc. Thats both controllers. So what have I done?

Guest Nicholas

it's the fuse for the dash lights in the drivers footwell, replace that!

oops may have read the post wrong does your speedo/rev counter etc all light up ok?

ge a wire from something that works, ie faf lighter etc, put a fuse inline just incase, and probe the illumination wire, white with black dots i think, check the fag lighter bulb. if it works you have a break in the power side, if not you know its a bad earth., just bypass it till you find the problem. its a fix

Guest scottw74

Went and re checked all the fuses today, and they are all ok. Thats about as far as my electrical knowledge goes. Anyone local fancy having a gander? Pissing me right off now, but I cant see whats causing it.

if it were me i'd just have a good poke around. have the dash out re check all your connections and turn your lights on with the dash still out etc...my knowledge of electrics is rather poor so thats all i can advise really. other than that take it to a garage and get it diagnosed for £40