The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which supra is best?

Guest flat2themat

Guest flat2themat

Well been thinking about a supra. But the huge model range is a bit daunting after having a quick read of the guides on the site.

The car im looking at in question is a UK TT 1994. A link is here....

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/TOYOTA+SUPRA/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146,N-4294966972-4294967173/advert.action?R=200747299325920&distance=53&postcode=BT18+9PL&channel=CARS&make=&model=&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=

The only thing i dont like is the colour. But the price seems good. Could anyone any other models etc

First time getting a supra

Too be honest mate you can't go wrong. If you love the looks but aren't that bothered about having a complete rocket-ship then go for an NA, just don't try to race anything(just being honest, I've got an NA and love it to bits). As stated above bring the twin up to BPU and you've got a very affordable supercar that's reliable and still turns far more heads than buying a 350Z or Porsche Bintster.

I'm sure the car you've posted there is actually a members from on here. Looks to be a very nice motor and being one of the clubs you can garantee its been loved and looked after.

Might be worth speaking to Jurgen or Paul Whiffin. I would if I was looking for my next Supra.

Dave

Guest flat2themat

ok, how do you know its a jap??

What is required above 500bhp with the gearbox?

Be honest the auto had put me off but if its as good as you say when im sure ill love it. Does the auto restrict it in anyway or can you just as easily have a rant in an empty car park burning rubber

ok, how do you know its a jap??

Definitely a J-spec import, a few obvious signs, no bonnet scoop, no headlight washer, cloth seats rather than leather (all UK's came with leather as standard), the rear lights are J-spec (the lenses on the UK lights are in a different combination) and no height adjustment switch on the dash.

What is required above 500bhp with the gearbox?

Be honest the auto had put me off but if its as good as you say when im sure ill love it. Does the auto restrict it in anyway or can you just as easily have a rant in an empty car park burning rubber

You only need to worry about the auto box if you're doing major power upgrades (single turbo conversion). To go beyond BPU (which is up to 430bhp) requires an enormous amount of money, normally as much as the car itself. For single conversions wwapping the gearbox for an uprated unit/manual is the normal thing to do.

Guest flat2themat

Checked with insurance company, doesnt matter if import or not they are still giving me the same quote.

When is the timing belt usually changed no the supra?

What all needs serviced every 6k?