The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Effin N00b

Guest Vooduguru

Guest Vooduguru

Dammit, I hate being the n00b. Well anyway, I don't own a Supra but my boss just got a 94 6spd hardtop and I'm here to help him with some research on what to get for it. It was this one but come to find out it needs some TLC. It seems as though the previous owner drove it in the snow, there's quite a bit of salt damage on the undercarriage and a lot of the aluminum components have ambient corrosion. Other than that, it needs a good cleaning, a good tuning and this will be an extremely fun car to drive. I hope to learn as much as I can while here. Thanks folks!

Guest Vooduguru

Thanks for the welcome. I was noticing that when I was registering, but I thought what the hell. Since I'm burning up my 20 posts, can someone direct me to the most important stuff to know about the MKIV? I haven't much time :lol:

Thanks for the welcome. I was noticing that when I was registering, but I thought what the hell. Since I'm burning up my 20 posts, can someone direct me to the most important stuff to know about the MKIV? I haven't much time :lol:

Having a scan through http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=69 should be your first port of call. However bear in mind that the majority of Supra's over here are japanese import which have a number of differences. The official UK spec is much closer to the US spec but obviously we have the steering wheel on the correct side, and there'll be one or two other minor differences no doubt. ;)

Guest Vooduguru
Welcome to the club :thumbs:

TT66 conservatively tuned making 660rwhp/674ft torque is VERY optimistic. As for the claim that fitting 1000cc injectors will easily make 720-740rwhp :rlol:

Do you know what ECU it is running as it doesn't say?

I honestly don't know, I'll be looking closer at the car later today.

I will say this, at the altitude I'm at now (4250ft elev.) it runs well.... nowhere NEAR claimed numbers. It desperately needs a tuning. :blink:

I honestly don't know, I'll be looking closer at the car later today.

I will say this, at the altitude I'm at now (4250ft elev.) it runs well.... nowhere NEAR claimed numbers. It desperately needs a tuning. :blink:

Post up more pics (exterior, engine bay and interior) so we can give it the once over for you.

Guest Vooduguru
Post up more pics (exterior, engine bay and interior) so we can give it the once over for you.

You'll have them soon :) Right now I just have crummy camera phone pictures

I'll upload a few later on :D We just got a lovely snow storm last night, so they'll have to be indoor shots.