The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Emange ultimate or blue?

Spoony

hi

i have my greddy single kit right now, and need somthing to adjust the my injectors.

i have high imp. 720 injectors and will go for 1,2 bar.

what is the difference between these two piggibacks? as i see, the ultimate has more options and more setting points for the injectors, it also can get the rev limit higher.

has enybody some experience on these two piggibacks? which one should i take? i drive a auto box, so aem is no choice for me.

thanks for your help

edit:

i have a aem wideband gauge, will this work and log with both piggibacks?

is it possible to get a basemap for a greddy t78 with 720 injectors?

as i see the emange blue has 5 points to adjust the injectors, so there will be no basemap possibility, right?

the problem is, the traction control shutter is closing when you change the gear with the oem ecu. i dont know anybody who managed to control that shutter with the aem.

there is a channel for that but im not sure about this.

the other thing is, the aem on a auto box needs more configuration, for example the revs go higher shortly if you go from P to D.

i think a piggiback is my best choise, as the oem ecu is the best ecu for daily driving, even if its cold or hot outside...

The five adjustment points on the blue is just a very basic trim using dials on the unit itself. It's actually got a 256 cell map for airflow adjustments and another 256 cell table to add on additional injector duty cycles. And another one for ignition timing adjustments. I used to run my T67 on one and plenty of other people use them happily as well.

The Ultimate has a lot more bells and whistles, the main seller is, though, the ability to reduce injector duty as well as increase it. It may interest you as well in that it can pull ignition timing on autobox gearchanges to help the 'box survive.

Regarding the AEM wideband, there is a hack you can do on the Blue to log it, otherwise you can't. The Ultimate will take a generic 0-5v input on one of it's (two) Option inputs so you can log it with that.

-Ian

thanks ian

is there a basemap for these two piggibacks so i can drive my t78 with the 720 injectors?

i need something like that, so i can tune the a/f ratio under full load and thats it?

if yes, where can i donwload a basemap?

my mapper is living 680km far away from me and they allready have snow in his area.

so i need to run the car in a save mode until i can get it mapped in march.

edit:

where can i get informations about this hack to the emanage blue?

hi

i have my greddy single kit right now, and need somthing to adjust the my injectors.

i have high imp. 720 injectors and will go for 1,2 bar.

what is the difference between these two piggibacks? as i see, the ultimate has more options and more setting points for the injectors, it also can get the rev limit higher.

in a few words: Ultimate is much better in IGNition / INJection corrections (it can subtract duty cycle too).

has enybody some experience on these two piggibacks? which one should i take? i drive a auto box, so aem is no choice for me.

Definately Ultimate. If you have MAF based SUPRA it will be realy easy to tune it for 720cc (using just injection map).

AEM EMS is Ok for autobox too, but much more expensive and much harder (sometimes even dangerous :)) to map for novice.

thanks for your help

edit:

i have a aem wideband gauge, will this work and log with both piggibacks?

if it has 0-5v analog output it will work perfectly with Ultimate.

is it possible to get a basemap for a greddy t78 with 720 injectors?

You don't need it with just injectors upgraded (720cc) and single turbo at 1.2bar.

It will be easy to start "from scratch". Especially if you have MAF Supra (i think you do if you are in Germany :) ).

hi xxcat

i got a jspec supra, no eu spec.

i had a nice conversation with joeatphr yesterday, and i think the mapecu2 is the first choice for me.

the price is the same if you compare a ultimate (with als sensors and harness you need) to a mapecu2.

maybe ill take a mapecu1, because i heard the ignition from the oem ecu is nice and dont needs big changes.

i was asking for the blue emanage because i got a really nice price from a member here, but its sold since yesterday.

which are easier to map? ultimate or mapecu? did anybody compare these both systems?

thanks for your help!

map-ecu is ok also!

But E-manage Ultimate is better to my opition.. It can make DUTY corrections AFTER the ECU (best way). If you will change the airflow (pressure) signal for OEM ECU it will also alter timing. It's not good and you might need to correct timing also.

i heard the ignition from the oem ecu is nice and dont needs big changes.

Yes. There is no need for ignition timing modifications on Supra's (at least till ~700HP) but only if you don't alter the OEM ECU timing/load map with airflow corrections etc....

map-ecu is good choice also!

Yes. There is no need for ignition timing modifications on Supra's (at least till ~700HP) so map-ecu1 will be ok. But it always good to have possibility to adjust it. Mapping procedure will be close to emanage (piggybacks is a simple solution :) )

That statement is flawed.

I expect you haven't bothered to listen to a j-spec/uk-spec supra running a smallish single through detcans. They pink and need timing adjustment before 500Bhp, because the single changes the power curve so much. The MAP ECU is unable to do timing adjustments and should therefor be discounted as a suitable product.

EMU is the absolute minimum IMO.

1) - I've corrected my prev. post a little bit...

That statement is flawed.

I expect you haven't bothered to listen to a j-spec/uk-spec supra running a smallish single through detcans. They pink and need timing adjustment before 500Bhp, because the single changes the power curve so much.

I think it's mostly because people often change the MAP signal to alter AFR. Single turbo curve is "safer" for det than TT curve. IMHO.

I agree with that also, the timing as std is fairly tame from low RPM due to the expected first turbo spool up, if you run TTC or a single that is latish spooling then you need to compensate for having no turbo at lower RPM, same applies when TTC or single spool up you with probably find as Alex says that you will need to pull some timing advance to stop det.

Edit: and yes i also agree with the duty cycle map being far better than airflow map adjustments