The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fixed Penalty Notice for ........

damientt

According to plod "driving in clear conditions with foglamps lit."

Last night I was given a £30, non-endorsable fine.
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_angry.gif
I don't have any problem whatsoever being pulled over for having my fogs on but to issue an on-the-spot fine is out of line. A ticking off would have been more than sufficient.

The £30 fine is not the issue. What really pissed me off was the attitude of the policeman. He was unnecessarily aggressive and when I told him, very politely, that I thought a fine was harsh he read me my rights!! I didn't have my licence or insurance certificate with me so I showed him a switch card as proof of ID(!). That was OK - nice to know the police are keeping our roads safe from unlicensed and uninsured drivers. To cap it all he was wearing a large gold bling ring on his thumb. Surely not part of standard police dress (?).

I'm seriously considering rejecting the fine and going to court. I'm also thinking about lodging an official complaint about plod's attitude and behaviour. I'll re-consider once I've calmed down.

agreed - pay the fine but you are spot on , the ring etc is a no no ,theres 'supposed' to be really stict dress-code!!

definately lodge a complaint etc because of how you were treated although knowin the system i doubt anythin will come out of it other than a 'we'll look into it for you' :rolleyes:

did you get the coppers I.D number?

Good!!

I am so pissed off with idiots driving at dusk - not even dark with front AND rear fogs on.

It's good to see it actually being dealt with. I'd rather they gave you a quick fine than waste time talking it through/arguing it with you.

In case you are ever in doubt:

day = no lights

dusk = sidelights

night = headlights

fog = foglights

Sorry, it's nothing to do with you as an individual at all. It happily sits alongside caravans and horseboxes in my annoyance list :)

It's 30 quid, I'd pay it and learn my lesson.

Good!!

I am so pissed off with idiots driving at dusk - not even dark with front AND rear fogs on.

It's good to see it actually being dealt with. I'd rather they gave you a quick fine than waste time talking it through/arguing it with you.

In case you are ever in doubt:

day = no lights

dusk = sidelights

night = headlights

fog = foglights

Sorry, it's nothing to do with you as an individual at all. It happily sits alongside caravans and horseboxes in my annoyance list :)

It's 30 quid, I'd pay it and learn my lesson.

Well said that man - annoys me - especially when people seem to switch them on because they've got a (or both) blown dipped beam/sidelight.....

I use my foglights so little now that when I removed them a few months ago I didn't bother putting them back in!

If you'd bothered to read my original post I made the point that the fine isn't the issue. I had my fog lights on, they should have been off, end of story.

Yup, original post read did I!

Had you not been breaking the law, you wouldn't have been pulled and this fine upstanding officer of the laws attitude wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference to you.

Anything else?

....but to issue an on-the-spot fine is out of line. A ticking off would have been more than sufficient.

Sorry mate, I did read your post also - but the above sentence seemed to contradict your comment about not being bothered about the fine.

Agreed, attitude from a copper isn't necessary - but I suppose I'd be narked if I had to pull people over for doing silly things like leaving foglights on.

HI Mate

Pay it but defo lodge complaint as apprently they do get taken seriously espacially if he has had a one or two more against him in the past, also just say you didnt realise they were on easy mistake to be made, i no on the mercs theres a prob with fog lights as my 07 plate merc keeps bringing them on automatically ,so just say theres was problem and you have had it sorted didnt realise until officer stopped u.

HI Mate

Pay it but defo lodge complaint as apprently they do get taken seriously espacially if he has had a one or two more against him in the past, also just say you didnt realise they were on easy mistake to be made, i no on the mercs theres a prob with fog lights as my 07 plate merc keeps bringing them on automatically ,so just say theres was problem and you have had it sorted didnt realise until officer stopped u.

Yea, break the law then break it again by lying to get out of paying £30.

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=67655&stc=1&d=1196008183

cunningplan.jpg