The mkiv Supra Owners Club

O2 sensor cleaning (lemon juice)

Soaruss

I'v read of people cleaning their O2 sensor in lemon juice but does it make any difference afterwards??

Also does it have to be rinsed with water afterwards because lemon juice leaves things sticky.

I thought i would give it a try before i go and spend on a new sensor.

Any feedback appreciated.

Just cut a lemon in half and leave it stuck into that over night. Yes you will need to rinse it with carb cleaner and wipe it off before putting it back in.

This will be a pretty good short term fix but to be honest mate, if it is misreading, its likely you will need a new one in the near future.

My car used to do a strange wandering idle from time to time, causing a bit of vibration, but after cleaning the sensors this seems to have gone. Also, my economy went up slightly.

Its easy to do so you don't have any excuse not to ;) I rinsed mine off with brake&clutch cleaner.