The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The sound of my ignition.

Carl_S

I turn the key, and the engine springs into life.

As if it had been asleep for a thousand years, and it had been waiting every second for me to turn the key.

It's not a weak "ok where do you want me to drive today" sound.

Its a "Here I am, want to drive fast, or just hear my engine: I'm your car" sound.

Just that turn of the key set a chain of events going. Fuel pump. Spark plugs. Pistons. Injection. Controlled explosions right under my nose.

Drive me Drive me Drive me Drive me, is the mantra of the engine rumble. I have felt the power of your acceleration. The symphony of sounds from the musical instruments packed under the bonnet. Each boost level seeming to bring new overtures.

You are the true performer. I am an appendage, a right foot to you. Lacking skill I do not use you to your full potential. But I will learn. You hold on to your fluids for six months, I change mine every day. You rust. I dont. Your brain was made by "TOM's Racing", mine by billions of years of evolution from single celled protozoa. You need me to function. I need you to have some fun.

Shame I'm just too scared to drive you over local speed bumps cos your suspension is fucked.

:)

Carl

I turn the key, and the engine springs into life.

As if it had been asleep for a thousand years, and it had been waiting every second for me to turn the key.

Its a "Oh! Hello. Are we off to pootle in rush hour traffic or are you feeling flush enough to go for a drive just for the Hell of it" sound.

Just that turn of the key set a chain of events going. Remove steering lock, set Blackjax, set the wipers going....oops, check girlfriend is in the car and finally sigh at the thought of another commute.

Worry, worry, worry is the mantra of the engine rumble. 'I have developed a bit of a rattle for you to concern yourself with'. The symphony of sounds from the musical instruments packed under the bonnet. Each boost level seeming to bring new overtures and the thought of maybe backing off a bit. That petrols not getting any cheaper!

You are the true performer. I am an appendage, a right foot to you. Lacking skill I do not use you to your full potential but rely on RLTC. But I will learn. You hold on to your fluids for two, maybe three months. I change my pants every day. You rust. I dont. Your brain was made by Toyota, mine by billions of years of evolution from single celled protozoa. You need me to function. I need you not to break down.

There. Much more realistic.

Good insight into the way you see your car RedM. Glad you kept at least some of my bits, and added your own. Touched. Thanks mate.

I guess there will come a time when I feel similarly ( I hope not though )

But yeah, and the moment it's full blown car love /lust.