The mkiv Supra Owners Club

replacing the vacuum lines

miko_supra

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello, cheers for the advise, but whats with the dont use silicone hose on this forum then, how much do you think it would be to buy all hoses from toyota,. my car is a 94jdmTT,has 79,000-80,000 miles on it, generally the pipes seem ok but some are like china in that i know if i grab ahold of them they will crack into, also sure i have the 2nd turbo not coming in all the time, because sometimes it really goes and other times its just not right, i can feel there no 2nd tubbie, me thinks hose split somewhere

hello, cheers for the advise, but whats with the dont use silicone hose on this forum then, how much do you think it would be to buy all hoses from toyota,. my car is a 94jdmTT,has 79,000-80,000 miles on it, generally the pipes seem ok but some are like china in that i know if i grab ahold of them they will crack into, also sure i have the 2nd turbo not coming in all the time, because sometimes it really goes and other times its just not right, i can feel there no 2nd tubbie, me thinks hose split somewhere

dont rule out faulty vsv's as the cause of your 2nd turbo not coming in

yeah ive been reading alot about them vsvs, one down the side by turbos seem a right pig to get at. did find one hose around the rear of the engine by the firewall just a few hours ago where one of the steel clips was sticking into it, got me plyers out and moved the clip away from the hose, theres a nice little cut in that hose now fromthe clip digging in to it, but dont think its gone all the way thru.

...but whats with the dont use silicone hose on this forum then...

Most silicon hose is not reinforced like the stock hoses. I think they are more prone to splitting and popping off IIRC.

You can get silicon hoses with a reinforced lining but you will pay more for it. I havent a clue how cheap/expensive OEM ones are from Toyota - but Steve Manley (do a search) may do them cheaper than most other dealers.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Bumping an old thread.

I am going to tidy up my engine room and the vacuum hoses that are there now are shitty quality so where going to change as many possible without removing any larger parts.

Does anyone know about how much I'll be needing to change the visible ones? If I remember correctly it'll be mostly 4mm?

Cheers

• 1 year later...

cheers for that. think this is the stuff il get then as the sizes on the wurth site were a little off. this gates stuff is 4/5/6mm cheap ish too. just waiting on an closeup photo of the gates pipework now, just to make sure of what it looks like, what to stay as close to oem look as possible.

That's fine, too. Gates is good gear! Anything's better than plain silicone though.