The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Out of here!!

annan

A new addition to the family means I have recently sold my supe tt gz auto after 3.5 years-its been an excellent car- utterly reliable- Had it BPU'd this year and its performance became astonishing- but the time was right for it to go. Something 'safer' and more practical was needed and I came to the conclusion that 400 bhp and UK roads isn't really that compatible.

Therefore I have thus just achieved my other ambition and just bought this- a Saab 93 Turbo convertible -seats 4 comfortably- is super luxurious and will allow me, the wife and the child to have some fun cruising this summer........ and its good having a manual gearbox again after all these years of an auto .

This website has been brilliant over the last 4 years and I hope the saab sites are half as good- I'll still visit from time to time to see how things are and hope that the supe continues to be an enthusiast's car.

see you soon

Mike

Saab 93 tubo se 1.jpg

saab se turbo int.jpg

saab se turbo int 2.jpg

saab se turbo side.jpg

Sorry to hear you had to sell up. Right time of year to be buying a convertible too - I imagine most people can't shift them, and so reduce prices a bit.

common sense and practicality prevails. glad none of that applies to me at present. :)

Same here. People always ask how I cope without a practical car, but I never need one!

Sorry to hear you had to sell up. Right time of year to be buying a convertible too - I imagine most people can't shift them, and so reduce prices a bit.

Same here. People always ask how I cope without a practical car, but I never need one!

That was my thinking- wanted something that we could all enjoy and was a bit special- Always loved saabs- they are just so different and as you said the best time to buy a covertible is when its 3 degrees outside and raining-

Really looking forward to collecting the saab next weekend- its a completely different proposition to the Supe- more relaxed and refined, quieter, more economical- but yes a hell of a lot slower..... but I don't care

Mike

That was my thinking- wanted something that we could all enjoy and was a bit special- Always loved saabs- they are just so different and as you said the best time to buy a covertible is when its 3 degrees outside and raining-

Really looking forward to collecting the saab next weekend- its a completely different proposition to the Supe- more relaxed and refined, quieter, more economical- but yes a hell of a lot slower..... but I don't care

Mike

I thought you'd gone:search:

really? i think you will find that the 93 and 95 were all cavalier/vectras underneath.........actually doucher. :rolleyes:

My comment was aimed at your suggestion that he buy an NA rather than the Cavalier comment. The guy had already said he wanted something more practical so you suggested the same car (albeit with a different engine) that would be just as impractical.

Hardly the brightest suggestion eh? :rolleyes:

buy a na! sell the cavalier convertable.

Damn it I can't believe I missed that........ It now makes sense- buy supra n/a!!- the lack of twin turbos means its got more room in the back, a bigger boot and some space also in the engine bay for luggage etc...... like a vw beetle......... whilst still kicking out 120bhp and being able to chase down every supercar on the planet....

Then I can post some fairy...... sorry....... sworn statements on the spirited driving section, acting surprised but swearing that the ferrari enzo driver was trying cos he gave me the classic 'thumbs up' when he eventually caught up with me!!!!!!!.................

Now to cancel my order

Damn it I can't believe I missed that........ It now makes sense- buy supra n/a!!- the lack of twin turbos means its got more room in the back, a bigger boot and some space also in the engine bay for luggage etc...... like a vw beetle......... whilst still kicking out 120bhp and being able to chase down every supercar on the planet....

Then I can post some fairy...... sorry....... sworn statements on the spirited driving section, acting surprised but swearing that the ferrari enzo driver was trying cos he gave me the classic 'thumbs up' when he eventually caught up with me!!!!!!!.................

Now to cancel my order

:rlol::respekt:

Now to cancel my order

Classic :D

You still here ?! :p