The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear suspension

Becks

Hi

I have got a knocking on the rear suspention, So i took it to the garage and they said that it is the rear wishbone bushes have gone,

He got in contact with there supplyer and they could not get hold of them

Please can some one tell me where i can get them from?? Its the upper wishbone both sides that has gone and also its an N/A:search:

Thanks Becks

Unfortunately you cannot get stock replacement bushes, you need to buy the entire arm that comes with the bushes already fitted.

An option is to use aftermarket poly bushes but this will harm the ride comfort. They are also very hard work to fit, most places struggle to do them.

As mentioned by Rob, if you need them on short order use Steve Manley in Toyota Oxford, if you can wait 5-6 weeks then Nic can get them for a much lower price.

Unfortunately you cannot get stock replacement bushes, you need to buy the entire arm that comes with the bushes already fitted.

An option is to use aftermarket poly bushes but this will harm the ride comfort. They are also very hard work to fit, most places struggle to do them.

As mentioned by Rob, if you need them on short order use Steve Manley in Toyota Oxford, if you can wait 5-6 weeks then Nic can get them for a much lower price.

Any ideas where i can get aftermarket poly bushes from, Sound like its going to be expencive just befor crimbo aswell:(

Any ideas where i can get aftermarket poly bushes from, Sound like its going to be expencive just befor crimbo aswell:(

See link above by Satsport. I've not experienced them myself but the feedback I've seen on these is very mixed.

They are a nightmare to change, some garages have failed to remove the stock ones even with 10 ton presses. Make sure you get the price agreed beforehand otherwise the bill could be far more than replacing with stock suspension. Also keep in mind that the ball joints cannot be replaced so at least with stock replacements you get those renewed too.

mmmm...

I bought an entire poly bush set for my last car.

Fitted the fronts and had a sense of humour failure... never fitted the rears.

you fancy having a go?

I have a complete rear poly bush set here, bought from mvp. The old bushes can be harsh to get out, but in the end i had a good technique with a very big vice. You'd only need to swap the lower arm bushes I guess. (4)

edit - sorry just reread.. upper bushes.. i have the set anyway.

also check that the garage is not winding you up... quite a few sups have knocking noises from the back that are not bush related.