The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alloy Refurb

p111ddy

Im looking at getting my alloys refubed but im still slightly unsure what to do? i.e Keep them the same just cleaned up as new or keep the polished lip and get the spoke's and outer circle changed to black?

One main question i have is with my alloys being two piece if i remove one stud and replace it before taking the next one out will this cause a problem?

Thanks for any help

been thinking of doing same as mines red, with dark window tints black spokes would look neat if your keeping the polished lip ;)

Lxx

I know what you mean as I'm having a carbon bonnet & spoiler I thought it would look good It's just i didn't want it to look too OTT

Would it cause me to break a seal on the inside as there a split rim & give problems down the line with say slow punchers?

shouldn't do mate, I did the same thing with my old 3-piece wheels before I eventually refurbed them fully, and I didn't have any problems, and seeing as yours are 2 piece then you really wont have any problems because the rim should be one piece anyway.

£2 each sounds ok till i realised how many there are on each wheel lol. So how much did it cost to get them re-chromed if you dont mind?

I was a bit lucky there, I knew a metal worker that managed to get them done for nothing.

I'm not sure I would advise you do that though, because mine started to rust again very quickly, if you can afford it I would say go for new bolts, or maybe get yours powdercoated black or something?

have you found a powdercoater for the spoke parts yet? the one I used only charged me £110 for all 4.