The mkiv Supra Owners Club

brake calipers powedre coating?

jazz1

want to get my brake calipers done again and res sealed, want then taken off and done again, i had gvn in mind but they are charging 500 for all calipers and re-sealing etc, anyone know any other better priced places?

funny how this thread states they change seal and paint them but when i called them they quoted 500

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=37468&highlight=gvn+calipers

have i missed something, 500 quid for power coating and resealing.

i paid 20 quid for poweder coating, what do you mean BTW 'resealing' the paint of new piston seals etc.

when i called gvn look at the first post and click the link, they do nice caliper coating but they quoted my 500 to take them off re-seal them and paint them etc

Blimey Jazz its not hard. mask up the piston areas and threads bleed nipples etc with 5 layers of masking tape. Wipe the calipers down first then heat them slightly with a hairdryer to allow the tape to adehere to the calipers.

The drive to a powdercoaters, pick out the colour you like and job done. Mkae sure you mask everything really well as powercoat is quite thick !

tape £5

time / effort 1 hour

drive to powdercoaters 10 mins

cost to coat £40 - £50

saving you £200 to spend on something useful :)