The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Replacing the radiator...

Ben-san

Guys/girls,

I'm hoping to learn from the experienced, about replacing the stock radiator before I take any action on doing mine. Having searched around here, I think there have been a fair few that have done this - sometimes because they're broken or cracked, or simply as a matter of precaution.

So to those of you who have changed yours, did you replace it with a new stock unit? I understand that there's an integrated oil cooler in the Auto TT radiator. Is it worth going aftermarket, and are they a direct fit?

The second concern is cost - am I looking at silly money for a Toyota one?

Please help if you can.

Spanks,

B

:D:D

I got one

was 300 quid; but if you search on here there is somewhere that does them for much much less 130 I think.

Auto has cooler so you have to allow for that if you buy Fluidyne one; cant remember how lol

I did my own and it was relatively easy.

theres an excellent write up on here if you look for it:search:

Rich

Thanks guys.

I'll have another search for the write up, and try and source a new stock one.

Nic, I presume having one like yours would mean having a separate oil cooler installed to allow for the auto tranny on mine. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks guys.

I'll have another search for the write up, and try and source a new stock one.

Nic, I presume having one like yours would mean having a separate oil cooler installed to allow for the auto tranny on mine. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll keep that in mind.

I can't help with fitting a separate oil cooler if you go down the aftermarket route. But here's the guide I did when I fitted my Fluidyne.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=83646

Hey Ben,

Changing the Radiator is always good and some of the top leading brands are Fluidyne and PWR, a good bang for the buck is the Koyo. Also when doing the Rad. I would recommend doing the TRD Thermostat. Its prett simple in changing other than you can never get all the fluid out of the bottom. As for being Auto you do have an additional fan and cooler, You can go with a Greddy 10 row oil cooler or something similar which should help fine!

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Cheers,

Joe

Awesome advice, thanks all.

Great guide Thorin, I'll be studying that in detail. So it's not that hard to do afterall.

Joe, good call there - I haven't thought of replacing other things while I'm at it.

Anything else I should be looking at while I've got the space to fit my head down there?