The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/a mini Mod

couv3z

Hi

Before i open my large and stupid mouth:eyebrows:

I was planning on a Nos kit but this close to x-mas and 3 week delivery not a good idea.

I was planning on doing some of these thing after but as there on the site for sale i thought id do them now

Increased TB pendulm :--- q45

and Increasae the size of the Fuel injectors from 440 to 550

Now before you get off your high horse, i don't expect 100000 more bhp, hell 10bhp would be it, but these are to be supporting mod for the Nos and one day the Na-T coversation, but anyway back to the point

With doing these mod would i need to remap the car? or would i need to buy a ECU as well?

to check. The 550inj which i think are the increaded size over jap stock (which are uk??) would just drop in no need to play with the fuel Rail? or anything else

*For Homer i will be Dyno this before and after for your FAQ on N/a*

thnak you for your time

I can't remember what your current spec is, but:

Larger injectors won't release any more power themselves, plus you'll need an aftermarket ECU and remap to control them. It's the remap and ECU that *might* let you get a little extra, but I doubt it.

The throttle body isn't a restriction so again you won't gain power from changing it. It's not a problem on 600bhp turbo's so isn't going to bother a 220bhp NA.

but wouldn't in the increase in air flow and volume of fuel be a gain?

and then a remap to get best use these new increase?

No, thats not how engines work :D

Edited to add - you can't just increase both, the engine has to be capable of combusting the increased amount. Obviously because it's an NA you can't *force* more air AND fuel in there - it's going to be at atmospheric pressure. Turbo engines are a different matter though.

isn't ist size a restriction ? by using a increased size one and opening the mouth of the inlet manifold...............

No, it's not. I think you need to have a read on here about NA tuning, there was a good thread in tech a few months ago with input from a few experts (Chris Wilson) which described how to go about modding them. Short story is it's VERY expensive to get more power out of a 2JZ NA.

You wont gain anything from the throttle body and inlet plenum, only if going na-t and then there would still be no reason to do this. IIRC there is a supra running 800 BHP which is an na-t on the stock intake.

also the standard injectors are 330cc in na/s are they not??

550's would be a little overkill, get some mkIII turbo injectors, they drop straight in with a resistor pack and they are 440cc.

EDIT - too slow about the injectors. Well done Rob.

You wont gain anything from the throttle body and inlet plenum, only if going na-t and then there would still be no reason to do this.

Three good reasons on a na-t

1. Cooler intake temps due to not being routed over the engine

2. Shorter route

3. Ease of changing plugs

Still working on my intake

550's would be a little overkill, get some mkIII turbo injectors, they drop straight in with a resistor pack and they are 440cc.

EDIT - too slow about the injectors. Well done Rob.

same questionb with this would i need to get a piggy back ecu? or that could wait?

On a stock NA there is no point fitting a bigger throttle body and bigger injectors. The stock 330cc injectors are capable of handling around 300hp and the stock throttle body as Homer said earlier is not a restriction.

If anything, you'd gain more power trimming the amount of fuel going into the engine. Toyota will have mapped the ECU not to get the ultimate power they could out of the engine, but to get a good balance between power, durability, emissions, economy, etc. So trimming the fueling and playing with the timing may gain you a little, but don't expect too much.

well.................

we will soon see what happens this thursday when it all goes in :D

Can I ask what the point of the thread was? You looked for advice. Almost unanimously got told the same thing and yet ignored it all and went ahead anyway. :rolleyes:

Why bother asking at all?

Can I ask what the point of the thread was? You looked for advice. Almost unanimously got told the same thing and yet ignored it all and went ahead anyway. :rolleyes:

Why bother asking at all?

to see if any once else had done it?

sorry I don't have a TT and can ask about boost controllers and turbo etc .... i have a N/a and i want to improve it .............

pardon me for living!!!!!

Greddy blue and 440 inj's

i know its not going to be a massive increase or maybe no increase...

but it gets the car to be remappable for future mods

one day i hope to afford a Na-t conversation and with this is in the car already it helps in the long run