The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Guy

Guest millan

Hay,

Hi to all you cool Supra fans!!! Im looking at getting my own Supra and look for some good advice from yous guys.

Like how many miles is acceptable? Are the Auto's ok or do i stay clear and get a manual?

Any other advice is needed!!!

Thanks

Best bet is attend some meets in your area, we are all a friendly bunch get used to seeing them etc etc. Also drive both, auto and manual you will be very surprised with the auto box there is no delay in power it is the best autobox I have driven.

The only disadvantage about getting an auto is you are limited on the power you can achieve before it breaks but that is iirc 500+ bhp, where as a manual can handle double that (clutch depending).

Best bet is attend some meets in your area, we are all a friendly bunch get used to seeing them etc etc. Also drive both, auto and manual you will be very surprised with the auto box there is no delay in power it is the best autobox I have driven.

The only disadvantage about getting an auto is you are limited on the power you can achieve before it breaks but that is iirc 500+ bhp, where as a manual can handle double that (clutch depending).

:yeahthat: Good advice there

hahaha, yes good advise! As for which to go for its a matter of what you prefer, the auto has a greater drivetrain loss in power vs the Manual. I prefer the Manual because of the adrenaline that it builds when downshifting to beat someone in a race. When purchasing a car there are a few things to look for to make sure your not getting jipped. Make sure the condition is up to par, VIN's match, check the engine code make sure it hasent been swapped. As for milage shoot for low if possible but then again you get what you pay for!

Hope this helps,

Joe