The mkiv Supra Owners Club

i am afraid another (whats it worth thread)

gaz1

my car, 6 speed, gt/40/88, hks wastegate, phr stage 2 fuel kit, aem, hks dli, tons of engine bling, koyo rad,polshed twin fans, fmic, 94 model gz, 69000 mix of km and miles, titanium exaust, full bodykit, 19" chrome wheels and tyres(a few months old at a cost of over 3k) dvd unit and sat nav, touch screen(pioneer) full interior retrim, with loads of other bits carbon dash, hid,s ect, bad points if i sold as is, are front bumper needs replacing, stem seals need doing, and exaust manifold blowing, be honest here i have spent a small fortune on this car, mmmm actualy a large fortune:) but thats life i am a realist, reason i am asking is i have just bought a t67ddb kit, greddy 3 row, aquamist, and a few other things so thought sod it go the whole hog and bought a built engine too:eyebrows: now i am undecided as what to do sell up the car as is, and start again, or carry on with this one and transplant the engine and goodies to this one,:) and no biased comments from the guys waiting to buy the bits i will be stripping off:p some pics in my garage, oh its also got 5 blitz blm carbon gauges too

I might be going against the grain here, but my thoughts are...

1. You've spent an enormous amount with this car but had some seriously dodgy traders work on it resulting in a bad feeling towards the car in general.

2. There are (from the purest point of view) several 'less than perfect' parts fitted now. That’s not to say they're not adequate for the job, but they might not be the best available.

3. To this day (though I hate to say it) there signs of the previous bad work by those certain traders that are bugging you every time you see them

4. A new start with far, far more knowledge and a fresh car will help you build your ultimate Supra

5. You will achieve that goal and quickly get bored without having a 'project' to work on

6. You'll sell it on and buy something sensible (or more silly :D )

I can fully understand the 'fresh start' point of view, but with the amount you've invested I think you'd be best off returning your current chassis to stock(ish) and getting a low mileage NA to fit the drivetrain to, then install the T67dbb kit.

I agree with homer. sell up start again, with the new found knowledge you can make the new one even better than before without spending so much.

I just hope you can get a good price for yours, perhaps get someone like jurgen to market it to the scandanavian market those guys seem to pay a premium for a well sorted car.

I know i am one of those people waiting to buy parts off you, BUT, my personal opionion is that in hindsight its better to start with a blank canvas. Thats what i did as i then know everything is done how i want it. However in your case you have a very nice car that you stand to loose a lot of money on, especially given the time of year. You need to decide if you can afford/want to take that hit or not.

Just let me know asap so i can source other parts if you decide to sell :(

I agree with Homer, you've obviously had a few problems on the way and have lot from these. It seems you get the biggest buzz out of the actual process of modding your car and I get the sense from your posts that you are wanting a completely new project car.

If you can afford it, I'd say sell your current car and start a build up a new car that'll be ready for next years meets and shows.

if i did decide to sell what should i put it up for as it is:search:

How quickly do you want to sell it gaz ?

looking at the for sale section kopite's is a similar spec to yours and his hasn't sold @ £18K so i would put yours on at £16.5K and see what response you get from that. However if you aren't in a hurry then pop it on an £18k and see how it goes.