The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is it possible to get 18" Alloys and Tyres for under 1k?

Foz

Hiya all,

Im in the market for some new tyres and i thought well nows a good time to try to get some new wheels as well as the ones i have are standard!

Ive seen a few websites and ive spoke to a few of them, ive been offered some new 17" wheels along with Toyo tyres (235s on front and 265s on rear) for £850 all inc fitting.

I didnt think that was too bad but im not sure about the tyres and i also wanted 18"s

Any opinions on this? heres a link to the wheels:

http://www.topgear.co.uk/acatalog/17_Inch_Rota_Wheels_Boost_Steelgrey_Alloy_Wheels.html

Not possible to get a decent set of new wheels and tyres for under £1K IMO. You'll be able to get heavy, poor quality wheels and cheap hedge hunting tyres.

I would look at either saving for longer and adding a few hundred to your budget to get some decent wheels and tyres, or look at buying a set of quality ones second hand that are in your budget.

Not possible to get a decent set of new wheels and tyres for under £1K IMO. You'll be able to get heavy, poor quality wheels and cheap hedge hunting tyres.

I would look at either saving for longer and adding a few hundred to your budget to get decent wheels and tyres, or look at buying a set of quality ones second hand that are in your budget.

PM me back!!!!!

No worth it, save up for something decent, then you wont regret it! ;)

I agree. I once bought some wheels for a previous car. I spent about £800 on a set of 18s. They were nice wheels to be fair but an extra £300 and I could have got some better quality ones. I always regretted not saving for longer.