The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Racelogic traction control

Danny

no i have singel

Then I can fully sympathise, even with careful throttle input traction is near impossible in the first 2 gears in the dry and the first 5 in the wet/cold. RLTC will help a great deal :) The new owner of my car gets his RLTC fitted this week so can't wait to see what it's like now :)

So many people seem to think it's an aid to controlling a powerful car but it's just as useful on a stock TT (maybe even an NA). They are light over the back and, in the wet, one might have trouble doing simple things like pulling out of a junction, getting onto a roundabout etc without getting it squiffy. Things that FWD cars do with ease.

RLTC, in my experience, helps massively in these situations and ,dare I say it, makes the Supra a much more usable car especially if it's a daily driver.

Just remember (and yet again it's not been mentioned) that RLTC won't give you any extra grip. That's all down to the tyres you choose. You cannot drive beyond the mechanical grip of your tyres. RL will only stop the wheels spinning if you give it too much gas for the conditions.

One more thing to remember is that if you can feel RL working then you are already driving too fast.

RLTC helps in a straight line and takes some of the thought process out of it for sure.

IIRC something that Terminator told me was that RLTC uses the next setting up from where you have it set when in a straight line.

For example, if you have it at 0% slip that's what it'll be in the corners. In a straight line it'll activate at 5% slip. At 5% (or DRY) it'll slip 10% in a straight line.

Something to remember.

IIRC something that Terminator told me was that RLTC uses the next setting up from where you have it set when in a straight line.

For example, if you have it at 0% slip that's what it'll be in the corners. In a straight line it'll activate at 5% slip. At 5% (or DRY) it'll slip 10% in a straight line.

Something to remember.

I had a play about with the settings on the RLTC and you can adjust the straight line slip if you like. It's originally set at 5% so yes if you have it set on wet it will do as you described but you can adjust it down. I set mine to a 2% straight line slip so in a straight line it will allow 2% more slip than what ever setting I have it on rather than 5%. It kept things under control better in the wet but everyone has there own preference's