The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello, old newbie kinda!

Paul R

Hi,

Due to an unfortunate sequence of events I left this place a few years ago.......and by chance, I signed up again. Dunno if anyone remembers me, I used to have a Silver 6sp Jspec TT and a black auto TT. I moved onto pastures new - can tell you about my experiences of other jap cars I had if your interested.......

Well I'm thinking of a supra again, so I came back here.....hopefully things have improved since I last joined?? We will see :) I can see some familiar faces and some not so familiar.....so hello all....

I wont be in a position to buy a supra til mid next year, but I thought what the heck! I'll be after a big single converted 6sp manual supra..........or a standard one so I can do the work myself....depends how lazy i'm feeling!

I'm driving a modified mitsi GTO 6 sp TT at the moment, it's nice, but I prefered my Supra I think......

Paul.

Hello again sir - let's have some reviews of the cars you've had since then :)

And no, it hasn't improved, it's now some kind of bizarre social club with minimal Supra content with a constant competition to get the highest post count. Gone are the days of amusing trader vs trader / tech vs tech arguements, now it's mainly ret@rd vs semi-stupid vs normal people.

...And no, it hasn't improved, it's now some kind of bizarre social club with minimal Supra content with a constant competition to get the highest post count. Gone are the days of amusing trader vs trader / tech vs tech arguements, now it's mainly ret@rd vs semi-stupid vs normal people.

Sad, but true :(

Oh, by the way, welcome back Paul :)

Hello again sir - let's have some reviews of the cars you've had since then :)

And no, it hasn't improved, it's now some kind of bizarre social club with minimal Supra content with a constant competition to get the highest post count. Gone are the days of amusing trader vs trader / tech vs tech arguements, now it's mainly ret@rd vs semi-stupid vs normal people.

So we can remeness, So which is better, Jspec or UK TT ;)

Cars I've had are:

Impreza Type R

Great car - but made of chocolate and paper clips - fastest thing I've owned, around 320bhp, DCCD, water injection etc......low ratio box, reved to 8500rpm - got fed up of changing gear every 2 seconds - so swapped it for an audi for a laugh!

Audi A6 2.8v6

I got this for my mid life crisis(27) actually liked it, but it was thirsty and not very fast, so I swapped it again for the next car......

UK Impreza 2000 turbo

Poor build, not that quick, chocolate crank ;-). handling was crap....loads of understeer....so got rid.

Classic Range Rover 3.9v8

Got this as I fancied some off roading - so i did....I fitted a full off road kit myself and had some fun. kept this car for over a year!

Jspec rev 1 Mr2 Turbo

Bought this at the same time as the rangie and Audi/impreza(yeah, i had 3/4 cars at this point!!) it was a shitter, this car....so I got it cheap for a project, spent about 6 months rebuilding the engine myself in the garage, resprayed it, body kit and wheels, forgies, turbo off a ST185....made 220bhp on the rollers at 0.8 bar and spat flames!!......quite pleased with myself!! Kept this car for a bit then decided to move on and sold it.

Jspec ST185 GT4

Bought this on the cheap, kept for 3 months and sold for a profit! not a bad car.

Now a Jspec Mitsi GTO TT MR

Had this car for 2 years or so. Not done much with it appart from sort out electrical problems when i first had her. Very much a different beast to a supra - and a bit like a big modeo when you get used to it(quick blast in the peugeot and then back to the GTO makes you appreciate it tho!) It's the MR version so "lightweight". Runs about the same power as a lightly modified supra and is quicker off the line as it's 4wd, but after that it's not very much fun (due to the smooth v6). Makes one hell of a noise tho which I like :).

Run arounds:

Rover 118D

crap

Citroen AX

crap

Peugeot 306hdi

suprisingly good!! got the "top of the range" HDI meridian model, leather seats, 90bhp, all the mod cons and toys.....cheap to insure and doesnt look bad!

Come on it can't be that bad? Your 18k post count speaks for itself!

True the ownership profile has changed, but there is still tons of supra chat and info on here, easy the best forum of its type on the net.

And welcome back Paul

Come on it can't be that bad? Your 18k post count speaks for itself!

True the ownership profile has changed, but there is still tons of supra chat and info on here, easy the best forum of its type on the net.

And welcome back Paul

He has 18k posts as he is the main cause of most of the random shit/non-supra related topics and general sarcastic banter ;)

• 1 month later...