The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dash Trims

Guest magpie9

Guest magpie9

I,ve just got my supra TT and of course i,m looking to make it sweet. outside sorted but interiors dull, bland and wouldn't make me jump up with excitement. been looking on ebay and saw brushed aluminium 25 piece dash facia panels from america. look ok but does anyone have one of these fitted and are they good quality? any other suggestions for subtle mods to bring it a little up to date welcome.

Alan Shearer- Still God!!!:eyebrows:

There are quite a few traders on here who do brushed aluminium dash parts... Thor do a goood set for the heater control dials and warning lights... the dash rings always look good, you can get those from whifbitz. There's a kit for the heater light bezels and you can get shiny heater control knobs too :) I think it looks a bit more subtle than those stick on dash kits

I've almost got mine done now just gonna get the dash painted a high gloss black to get rid of all those scratches and scuffs...

Lots to choose from anyway...

p.s.

welcome to the club
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_grin.gif
:)

Guest magpie9

was thinking of spraying it but a friend had it done and i kinda thought it looked a little cheap and nasty. although saying that he does have the eyesight of stevie wonder! cheers

I'm getting mine smoothed over and painted with a high gloss finnish. should contrast nicely with all the brushed ali

I tried painting it my self and it looked pap so I'm getting a local spray shop to do a propper job :)

The problem with the stick on sheets is that they look exactly like you've stuck them on (kind of obvious i guess) because you can see all the edges, especially around the ignistion and cig lighter etc...

They do give a good finnish I guess. How much are you looking to pay? My respray is costing about £120...

Guest magpie9

£80 inc delivery from states. look dead on. not the most expensive to brighten up interior. just wary of ebay i guess- they'll be advertising flux capacitors next!

Guest magpie9

no problem. cars getting a bomex kit fitted at mo and i'll get her back next weekend when i'll be putting dash bits in. i'll post a decent photo but remember i've just got this car stock- even with original toyota radio- so don't be expectong too much just yet. but hey, it's a blank canvas!! interested to see the bomex kit in the flesh when fitted

Guest magpie9

cheers. aye, checked them and they're def RHD. new to site and looking through forum etc. is it safe to assume you're the man that can find things at the right price?

cheers. aye, checked them and they're def RHD. new to site and looking through forum etc. is it safe to assume you're the man that can find things at the right price?

I might be :sly:

I can do carbon fibre effect coatings on the dash panels, I would need your panels sending though to get them done.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3271/dash4yg3.jpg

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/389/dash3bt1.jpg

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4134/doorsg9.jpg

Guest magpie9

cheers. i have these bits ordered already this time but i'll certainly give you a shout for future buys. appreciate that. the carbon does look good. i'll keep in touch when buying.:D

Now that looks good!!!

Nic can you do other type of coverings? as per my posts above, I'm after a high gloss black finnish? How much would it cost?

Rob

Hi Rob

Other coatings available, although if you want black gloss, painting may be your cheapest option.

cheers

cheers. i have these bits ordered already this time but i'll certainly give you a shout for future buys. appreciate that. the carbon does look good. i'll keep in touch when buying.:D

Okay, just give me a shout if I can help with anything.

cheers

• 2 months later...
Hi Nic

Can you get the carbon Fiber trim like in pics in your post

Thanks

These are the standard dash panels that have been printed with carbon fibre effect finish. The photos don't really do it justice, they look fantastic in real life.

I sell these on an exchange basis, I only have one spare dash panel set that I can get coated, so supply is limited, I would then need your old panels in return. I only have a spare auto gear panel at the moment so if you wanted a manual panel doing I would need you to post me yours. Alternatively if you want you could post me you panels and I could get them coated.

If you'd like more details please drop me a pm.

cheers