The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crash at Readin meet

Guest scottw74

Guest scottw74

It wasnt a Supra. Just as I left, 2 cars came steaming past me towards the next roundabout. Must have been a bit of touchy-feely going on, as all of a sudden, brake lights were swerving all over the place, lots of sparks (I swear I saw a wheel bounce away) One of the cars stopped on the roundabout, one went into the bushes opposite the roundabout. Suprised the guys still at the meet didnt hear it? I couldnt stop as all hell broke loose with all cars stopping, so didnt get to see if anyone was hurt, but I think there must have been. Definitely a write off or two tho.

Rob just dropped by to tell me about this. Apparently two guys were going a bit quick, didn't react to the roadabout right in front of them. A GTiR clipped the curb, went up on two wheels then down into the ditch alongside the road. It's a bit of a mess apparently. The other car just missed him, but sounded like it got out okay.

It was only a matter of time (says he who crashed there 3 years ago :innocent: )

Totally forgot about going tonight but sounds like there were very few there.

Guest scottw74
is'nt Leaving the scene of an accident an offence :p:p

I wasnt involved in the crash. I was about 5 cars back. Was gonna see if the guy was ok, but I was in the left hand lane and all the cars to the right of me were stopping. Figured there was enough help on the scene.

Got to agree, it's got really out of hand this year. I nearly got wiped out by some nobber in an MR2 in the summer on the way out.

Yea I remember!

He looked like he was auditioning for 'strictly come dancing` with all the spins and pirouettes he put in before coming to a stop half way up the roundabout! He was bloodly lucky not to hit you or anyone else!

Plus its the wheel spins and rabbit starts in the car park that I mind about the most. People are happily walking about and then have to jump out of the way as some tool in a Civic feels like they need to express how poweful their 1.2 is!! :blink:

I saw the aftermath of that. Some of us heard the loud bang of bodywork (and possibly more) being bent at speed. Everyone involved seemed OK.

Most people at the meet went over to have a look from the other side of the road. Not much we could do really.

Scott, sorry I didn't realise you were there last night. Were you the chap in the black hat? Sorry I didn't get much chance to chat. I was showing my mate under the bonnet of a TT. Crikey, looks scary! Owning an NA, I'd forgotten how much Mr T shoehorned under there!

The car that didn't end up in the ditch was a white Integra Type R.

Rob just dropped by to tell me about this. Apparently two guys were going a bit quick, didn't react to the roadabout right in front of them. A GTiR clipped the curb, went up on two wheels then down into the ditch alongside the road. It's a bit of a mess apparently. The other car just missed him, but sounded like it got out okay.

It was only a matter of time (says he who crashed there 3 years ago :innocent: )

Totally forgot about going tonight but sounds like there were very few there.

me and rob missed u at the meet, so we remembered where u lived :eyebrows:

liking the new bmw beast :D

Got to agree, it's got really out of hand this year. I nearly got wiped out by some nobber in an MR2 in the summer on the way out.

Was that the time you took me out in yours and he lost it right in front of us, think he tore of the lights next door to us, you broke for the roundabout and he left it another 10 feet or so.....:blink: