The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Soft Break Pedal

Ady

Took the car out on the weekend (yes, with no bumper) and took her for a nice good thrashing.

the break pedal seems to be a bit soft - too soft for the spead the car can actually do - im not shure if its me, the car or both.

Im replacing the break fluid soon, and will be getting some braided hoses.

Has anyone had any dealings with the goodbridge kits on fleebay?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Supra-JZA80-Goodridge-Brake-Line-Kit_W0QQitemZ180178842459QQihZ008QQcategoryZ10428QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If this dosent help, i will be going for the clamp that goes onto your strut bar and onto the master cylinder to help reduce the flex.

The pads and disks are ok , as they passed with over 85% on mot

Cheers

Can't view ebay from work, but as it's ebay it's quite possible they're copies. Not that that should matter as there's not exactly much to them, should be fine. Put some decent fluid in too, Motul for example.

Can't view ebay from work, but as it's ebay it's quite possible they're copies. Not that that should matter as there's not exactly much to them, should be fine. Put some decent fluid in too, Motul for example.

I am - dot 5.1 - there S/S braided lines, with a zinc ends so guaranteed for a life time, bla bla bla

hey i am sure the zinc ones are not as good as the stainless steel tipped ones - ive read this numerous times that the zinc ones corrode but the s/s ones are better and are slightly more expensive (both by goodridge)

Check how much the brake master cylinder flexes, with engine running get someone to press the brake pedal and you will be able to see the master cylinder moving.

A combination of good quality braided brake lines, brake fluid, a good set of pads and a brace for the master cylinder (either Cusco or Carbing brace) should make a significant difference in pedal feel and bit of the brakes.