The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Renewal

juanchan

Just had my renewal quote through from Sky as I thought I'd wait for it before ringing them for a quote.

Not impressed! :thumbdown: Quote is more than what I paid last year. :(

Obviously haven't had a chance to ring them yet to see if there's any chance of them bettering it, but I've been getting much cheaper online quotes so far. I don't normally moan about much, but I was a little surprised to say the least!

Anyway, I'm off bowling now, here's hoping for another 150 average :D

I think most insurance companies take a chance with the renewal price, I guess some people just pay up without question and they make a bit of extra profit.

No doubt they will drop in price, would be nice if the club insurer could just do their best straight away but that's business :)

I had this too mate about a month back. They quoted me £1k rung A-plan they gave me £812, then rung sky and they matched it.

As a man of principle, I would have gone with A-plan!:rolleyes: Why should Sky get two bites at the cherry? They are taking the piss!!

Lifesure are good too, I pay £350 a year. Quite large excess tho.:blink:

Have you got a phone number??

how can an insurance company up the price after being with them a year? surely it should ALWAYS be cheaper (unless you've claimed or somthing)

Not always. My previous insurance, "Norwich Union Direct", for my Fiat Coupe 16VT was going up by £80 this year till I contested it. Nice try.

Who have you tried Rich?

H.

None of the usual suspects and Sky are currently the highest serious quote I've had (discounting the stupid quotes of £3k from Churchill et al on confused.com!). I've yet to try A Plan, Adrian Flux, Lancaster, Elephant, Green Light...

Get yer bum to Fleet saturday bud. :)

There's been a general concensus amongst my mates that the girl who wants us to paint her flat should do it herself :D Unless she provides copious amounts of cake, biscuits, tea and I've just suddenly had a craving for pancakes. Mmmmm. Pancakes.... Where'd I put that maple syrup.... In short, I'm hoping to be there :D

I think most insurance companies take a chance with the renewal price, I guess some people just pay up without question and they make a bit of extra profit.

No doubt they will drop in price, would be nice if the club insurer could just do their best straight away but that's business :)

Completely agree. I've no doubt they'll come down if I have cheaper quotes elsewhere, but as you say, why should we be made to work for it? If they can provide insurance cheaper than what they've quoted me, why bother quoting? I do always get good customer service with Sky though, much better than my previous insurer.

how can an insurance company up the price after being with them a year? surely it should ALWAYS be cheaper (unless you've claimed or somthing)

I haven't claimed on either of my policies :(

I've now got 5 years NCB and I'm 25 in a couple of months, and I was hoping that those 2 milestones might count for something :rolleyes:

was the same with my clio, but whent up by a couple of hundred!

This isn't as much as a couple of hundred, but it's still about a 7% increase over last year. I have moved, but when I changed my address, my premium didn't go up.

I'll be ringing round this week hopefully though!

It is a bit of a joke.

House insurance is the same, insured with direct line last year B & C. Renewal came through which had gone up by £350 :blink:. Rang them up - just the way it is was the answer.

Got a new quote online from direct line - £5 cheaper than I paid last year.