The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What do you think of this one?

MaRkYbOy72

Seems like this could be a good buy? Is it really an R-reg? How genuine do you think he is being? Does anyone know anything about this car? Is is worth driving a couple of hours each way? Whats everyone's thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/R-1998-Toyota-Supra-Aerotop-Facelift-Model-Rare-L-K_W0QQitemZ130175374443QQihZ003QQcategoryZ18290QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

it's rare for sure and with a stock front and rear wing it'll look great, it could well be a 98, they did make them till that year in aero form so it's at least a 96, the rear bumper or nearside rear quarter has been sprayed as the colour match is pretty bad, and it's not a vvti as they never produced them in japan on the n/a's, only in the USA

Tom.

also phone him up and find out who imported it, as if it really is a 98 it would have needed an ESVA, and I'm near on 100% there's not a model report for the aero n/a! I guess they may have got it through the standard model report for the n/a though.

the rear bumper or nearside rear quater has been sprayed as the colour match is pretty bad

isn't the colour match on most of the rear bumpers different? someone told me that it was because they were all sprayed at a different place before assembly (this might not be true) but most supras i've seen suffer from this

never seen that bumper before. is it supposed to be a 360 copy?

isn't the colour match on most of the rear bumpers different? someone told me that it was because they were all sprayed at a different place before assembly (this might not be true) but most supras i've seen suffer from this

first time I've heard that and I wouldnt believe that at all :)

here's a pic of a perfect supra in the same colour, no color change here ;)

also phone him up and find out who imported it, as if it really is a 98 it would have needed an ESVA, and I'm near on 100% there's not a model report for the aero n/a! I guess they may have got it through the standard model report for the n/a though.

It actually states that it is a 97 (1st November 1997) on an 'R' reg - so doesn't need an ESVA or even an SVA either just an MOT as it's now 10 years old!

It actually states that it is a 97 (1st November 1997) on an 'R' reg - so doesn't need an ESVA or even an SVA either just an MOT as it's now 10 years old!

But he says he imported it 4 months ago which would have meant it was under 10 years old.

Quite a lot of ambiguities though eh? He says 1998 car then 1997. Vvti but it isn't etc etc :(

I think you'll find it's DIRTYGAV - wishful thinking on your part maybe? :p

I think you'll find you're about 10 ecs too slow from my last post edit CJ! Wishful thinking to think you could correct me first, on your part ;)

....in any case you're right, I'm a plank. :)